|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "While we were growing up, the biggest insult for us was when dark emigrant forces called our homeland an unnatural, artificial creation. When we grew up, the biggest insult for us was when we realised that was true."
- ("Tri posleratna druga", page 106).
- "From far away, through the sights of a sniper, they would look like Muslims, Serbs or Croats to somebody, but I approached them face to face, I saw them clearly, and trust me... They were just people..."
- "I have always been against the war; I placed my family's existence in danger because I was speaking out against primitivism and nationalism and stupidity. I didn't do that so I could perform in Croatia again one day, but so I could talk with my children as a man, when the time comes." \
- (from an interview for Croatian television, aired on December 29 2000).[specific citation needed]
- "Like Machiavelli would say, little Jovana was five months old, and I was prepared to write even "I saw Feldmarshall Göring three times", just to slip away from the barracks for two days and see my little girl and her beautiful mother."
- Balašević on songs "Računajte na nas" and "Triput sam video Tita" ("Dodir svile", page 85).