- A lot of my measures were embraced in other bills. I don't want to be (like) Kennedy, Rostenkowski ... (and) put bad legislation on the books.
- "A league of their own: Study uses baseball's famous statistics to rate lawmakers' 'hitting percentages". Orlando Sentinel, as republished in the Kingsport Times-News (Tennessee). Sunday, 1993-10-10.
- At the time of publication, U.S. Rep. James H. "Jimmy" Quillen was already the longest serving member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee (having been elected into the U.S. Congress during 1962) and responding to a query as to why he had only introduced three bills as the original legislative sponsor during his thirty year span as an U.S. House member.
- Our future is still ahead of us.
- "Qullen more powerful at home than in D.C.". p.8. Kingsport Times-News. 1992-10-04.
- U.S. Rep. Quillen at Kingsport, Tennessee stump speech.
Quotes about Jimmy QuillenEdit
- Jimmy's one helluva nice guy, ... but let's face it. He couldn't organize a one-car funeral.
- U.S. House Rules Committee member working with Quillen.
- "Qullen more powerful at home than in D.C.". p. 8. Kingsport Times-News. 1992-10-04.