Doctor Albert W. Wily is the fictional main antagonist of the character Mega Man in the Capcom Mega Man video game series. His goal is usually world domination and he constructs robots to carry out his plans. His character is designed by Keiji Inafune.
- "Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up
- "Wha... Why you insolent fool! I will crush you with a loud, loud crunch!" - just before final boss 1 in Mega Man: Powered Up
- "You forget, Mega Man. Robots cannot harm humans..." - at the end of Mega Man 7
- "Kyahahaha! The world is mine!" - Megaman 8
- "I hate Mega Man. He ruins everything."
- Wily: "Why do you oppose me, the one who created you?"
Bass: "Because you always interfere with me! I can defeat Mega Man by myself with no problem. You should go crawl in a hole somewhere."
Wily: "You know, I think I regret creating you, pompous robot."
Bass: "Ha! You created me? So what? If you created a powerful robot such as myself, it must have been an accident."
Wily: "Funny you say that, you're actually right. I studied Mega Man hoping to create a similar robot. Then I developed a powerful energy called "Bassnium" purely by accident. Thus, I created you Bass. Currently Bassnium is the most powerful energy on Earth. But, that's not for long. Hee hee, I've learned from my accident... ...And I've created a new type of robot which is much more powerful than you or Mega Man! It'll be some time before I complete this project, though. You better get ready!"
Bass: "Ha! This girlie-looking, long-haired robot will be the strongest? Don't make me laugh!"
Wily: "Don't be so over-confident. This robot's power level is far superior to yours. And this is more than just a simple robot. With this robot and my other project complete, the world will be mine! No one will stop me! Hee hee hee hee!"
Bass: "Yikes! This guy is as crazy as I thought." - at the end of Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (when Bass wins the final stage alone)
- Wily: "What do you mean he escaped?"
Proto Man: "As in: Got away, vamoosed, departed, beat feet...”
Wily:: "I know what the word means!" -At the Mega Man TV Show Episode The Day the Moon fell
The "Other Project" Wily mentions is widely believed to be the Zero Virus, or Maverick Virus, that Zero was originally designed to distribute. It was transferred to Sigma during the fight scene in Mega Man X4, when Sigma smashed the "W" jewel on Zero's head. Additionally, it should be noted that the Zero Virus is a prevalent threat to Megaman and his friends in the game Megaman Network Transmission for Gamecube, tying in the Battle Network series to the main series.