Wikiquote:Vandalism in progress
Request an article
Report vandalism • Votes for deletion
This page exists to post alerts about any incidents of vandalism that are occurring, so that other users and administrators can more promptly respond to them. Wikiquote's definition of vandalism is the same as Wikipedia's and can be seen at w:Wikipedia:Vandalism.
Care should be taken before assuming an initial contribution is vandalism unless it's blatantly obvious the user knows what they're doing.
If the vandal is known to attack more then one language, or more then one Wikimedia wiki, it is recommended they also be noted on Vandalism reports in Meta or a global block be requested on Steward requests/Global.
Please report vandalism by creating a new report by clicking one of the two buttons below. Be sure to include the username/IP address and the behavior that requires admin intervention.
New report on rupert loupEdit
rupert loup is once again edit warring. I have explained why I have made the edits I have made and I have asked him to take it to the talk page if he wants to discuss it further and he has refused and is edit warring. 220.127.116.11 03:20, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- See also death threat in edit summary. Nieuwsgierige Gebruiker (talk) 10:15, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Globally blocked, offending edit deleted. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 20:04, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- And please revdel the edits also; this LTA loves to link to their edits from enwiki, e.g. . Suffusion of Yellow (talk) 23:06, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- Vandal's IP changed to 18.104.22.168. dibbydib⌐■_■ (barate me) 23:59, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- Blocked (Non-admin closure) — by Kalki. dibbydib⌐■_■ (barate me) 00:14, 22 May 2020 (UTC)
Check contribs, might need revision-deleting/edit-summary removal if we do that kind of thing here. Hurry—I'd forgotten how much hard work it was reverting trolls without rollback :) it's a X-wiki abuser too, so maybe call a steward. All the best, ——SerialNumber54129 19:04, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
- Done globally, tho some Oversighter has completely remove some of the edits and I cannot locally revdel the abusive edit summaries. Working with a WMF person to have those removed as well. Thanks. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 19:24, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-05-29, 08:21Edit
- See also death threat in edit summary. Nieuwsgierige Gebruiker (talk) 09:17, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
- And this summary, a death threat too. Nieuwsgierige Gebruiker (talk) 09:21, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-05-29, 18:29Edit
DawgDeputy won't stop shouting at me. 2606:A000:FC11:7400:C9AC:BDE:1C5D:8EDB 18:47, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
- Evidence of shouting prior to this frivolous report? DawgDeputy (talk) 20:33, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
- That is, outside of these frivolous edits, which prove that you are a vandal and a sockpuppet. DawgDeputy (talk) 20:36, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-4, 22:46Edit
New report 2020-06-7Edit
The user keeps inserting a fabricated quote in a top level article at Muhammad. I have explained on the talkpage that the quote is by Bhai Bala, whose existence is disputed and whose writings are considered to be fabrications. At most, it could be moved to the Misattributed section, but it is not notable enough for this top level article.
The user keeps reinserting the quote without discussing on the talkpage.
- @Indrooooz: It seems like this issue of misattribution has already been covered at the article's talk page. As per my observations, the quote you're adding has been falsely attributed to Guru Nanak, and left without a source. It'd be best to leave this to discussion rather than edit warring. dibbydib⌐■_■ (barate me) 05:19, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
I'm coming to this a little late, but I'm looking thru დამოკიდებულება's edits and they seem very sensible. For that matter, this edit by Indrooooz includes some sensible changes, such as removing links to a wiki but also reinserts this spurious quotation from someone at Dhaka University with no actual attestation that anyone else can verify. This is a content dispute that got heated and I don't think merits blocking anyone as of yet but I am reverting to the last edit by დამოკიდებულება and protecting the page for awhile to encourage you two to post to talk. Please do so in a calm manner and ping me if you need me. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 06:47, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
User:Koavf, sikhiwiki is not a reliable source as per WP:RS. Also, this quote is from Guru Nanak. See the actual source here [. On page 8 it clearly says Nanak is being quoted here. Indrooooz (talk) 20:14, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
- @Indrooooz: I don't know why you are telling me this: I just wrote "Indrooooz did a good job by removing that wiki". I also don't know why you inserted a quotation where you have a citation for it but without the citation. Why are you posting this information here? —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 20:22, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
- It is good that Indroooz has started using the talkpage now. I have replied to Indrooz there. @Koavf:, the quote which was moved to talk here should be removed from the article because it clearly is offtopic and is about Muslims and not about Muhammad. This was already moved to the talkpage, but it was also reverted by Indrooz here.--დამოკიდებულება (talk) 08:59, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-8Edit
Xsaorapa keeps spamming dozens of articles with fact templates (to SOURCED quotes), copyright templates (without giving any evidence, proof and explanation on the talkpage as to why he thinks it is a violation, and which quote is a violation), and the NPOV templates (without explaining on the talkpage why he added it).
Some days ago, Xsaorapa has used a sock to give instructions to his meatpuppet (User:Pratap Pandit), who did exactly the same, but now the meatpuppet master is continuing the same. The way this is done is highly disruptive.
This is part of the history of personal attacks, harassment, hounding, stalking, intimidation and edit-warring, and of spreading false and misleading claims and outright lies, of this user. დამოკიდებულება (talk) 09:09, 8 June 2020 (UTC)
- @დამოკიდებულება: I'm confused: edits like this are totally appropriate and the diffs you provided above this comment were performed by someone else. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 06:50, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
- This false report has been done in retaliation to this and this. --Xsaorapa (talk) 07:16, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
There are several issues here. First, this is not done in good faith, but is part of a history of personal attacks, harassment, hounding, stalking and intimidation.
Here is a timeline of the past few days:
- On 16 May, Xsaorapa started giving meatpuppet instructions to User Pratap Pandit by using his sockpuppet User Sunfee over email and/or little used talkpages
- On 18 May, Pratap started mass templating articles edited by me or other users, which other users have called harassment. The first case was at Talk:Rajendran Narayanan.
- On 27 May, the meatpuppetry and sockpuppetry got exposed
- On 5 June, the meatpuppet master (Xsaorapa) took over from Pratap and started exactly the same mass templating that his meatpuppet Pratap did just some days before.
This is just plain harassment, hounding, stalking and intimidation. Maybe 80 percent of all quotes on WQ don't have entirely complete citations ("by preference", a complete citation should include Edition number, ISBN number, page number and other details) but they have sufficient details (Author, title of the book, year of publication,....). But Xsaorapa is very selective and only complains the users he is stalking. The meatpuppet did the same. "by preference" does not mean "mandatory".
Secondly, as I explained on Xsaorapa's talkpage (but he deleted it), this is not the right way to it.
Template:Fact is only for quotes with UNSOURCED statements. This tag will categorise tagged articles into Category:Articles with unsourced statements
But the templates were spammed to SOURCED quotes. All of the quotes are properly sourced, in conformity with the standards at wikiquote. There is no policy that says that the quotes are sourced wrongly. Wikiquote:Templates/People says that a citation should include author, co-authors and title (there are "optional clarifications").
I asked him to use the talkpage instead. If there is a genuine reason in good faith, he should simply state on the talkpage which quotation and book should be checked. (I have also started improving some of the citations). --დამოკიდებულება (talk) 11:30, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- @დამოკიდებულება: You will make your case much better if you provide very pithy posts with directly relevant diffs. E.g. "User:x posted fact templates to sourced articles: [diff 1], [diff 2], [diff 3]." and that's it. Long posts with ALL CAPS SHOUTING and bold emphasis in the middle and no links to any actual malfeasance are not as compelling. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 17:58, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
I apologize for the formatting issues. I was copying text from his talkpage and other places, in which discussions I had to repeat obvious things.
Xsaorapa has been spamming spurious tags always with no rationale:
- Spamming of fact template: for example here despite the fact that page numbers are included. Many more examples see his contributions starting from June 8 here.
- As explained above, this is the wrong template for sourced quotes, the talkpage should be used instead
- Spamming of copyvio template (see his edits here starting on June 5)
- He should explain on the talkpage and give some rationale/proof/evidence for the claim which he has not done even once
- Spamming of npov template
- He is spamming the article mostly to articles of cases of genocide or massacres against Hindus. Examples are articles about the Bangladesh War genocide , the Partition of India genocide, the ethnic cleansing of Kashmiris, and of various articles related to cases of Islamist intolerance or persecution. (See here, most articles were added by Xsaorapa).
This seems to imply that he is concerned about quotes in which Hindus are described as victims of genocide or massacres. If a nazi user would spam the npov template to the Holocaust and World War II articles because there are too many quotes about Jewish victims, he would probably get blocked. But the analogy is not far off. This is what human rights activist Benkin writes about this analogy:
- This book contains quite a few references to Nazi Germany, and there is a tendency for many people to discount such comparisons because they are so overused and often in simplistic and inappropriate ways. I am no less tolerant of such facile uses of a horrific set of events; and I find their overuse an insult to the memories of the victims. But I am using it rather extensively in this book precisely because the parallel is appropriate, certainly in the similar end foreseen by Islamists for Bengali Hindus and Nazis for Jews. If that recognition awakens the world to action, then this will be one of the most important uses of the comparison since World War II.
Xsaorapa has been spamming spurious tags always with no rationale, he was offering no rationale at all, neither on the talk page, nor anywhere else. That is disruptive, and the tags should be removed as clearly unjustified, in the absence of any concrete issues or evidence and proof raised on the talkpage. --დამოკიდებუილება2 (talk) 11:13, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-9, 02:34Edit
- It belittled me even though it clearly violated protocol repeatedly. Please take serious action against it, and strike its edit summaries. DawgDeputy (talk) 02:36, 9 June 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-10, 05:04Edit
- Done Mostly. The first IP is not obviously a vandal. Edits like this are maybe not entirely correct but not as egregious as the other two IPs. If you have a diff I'm missing, show me. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 06:30, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- @Koavf: That IP did have similar traits to the others. Firstly, the user was solely contributing only to that article, and the user started editing Wikiquote at ~5:00 UTC and stopped at ~6:00, which is almost identical to 22.214.171.124's edit history. Also, this edit caught my eye as vandalism, although most of their other contributions were very subtle, though perhaps it was an attempt to "cloak" the previous vandalism. dibbydib⌐■_■ (barate me) 09:39, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-13, 01:15Edit
Presidency of Donald Trump. Rupert Loup 00:23, 14 June 2020 (UTC)Vandalism at
New report 2020-06-16, 01:47Edit
New report 2020-06-23, 01:54Edit
New report 2020-06-26, 02:25Edit
New report 2020-06-27, 19:54Edit
New report 2020-06-28, 20:45Edit
Spam account. Rupert Loup 20:46, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
Maybe it is time to start protecting articles like McDonald's. And please go through that and other articles to remove shit like a username here, an edit summary here and here, etc. User:UDScott, you've semi-protected this before, I see. Please. And there's a couple more. Drmies (talk) 20:17, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-06-30, 23:15Edit
- Globally blocked now. 126.96.36.199 23:22, 30 June 2020 (UTC)