Request an article
Report vandalism • Votes for deletion
This is a messageboard for all administrators.
Please feel free to report incidents, a complaint about an administrator, or anything you want administrators to be aware of.
Please be aware that these pages aren't the place to bring disputes over content or requests for a mediation between another editor and you — we aren't referees. You are better to talk with that editor by mail or on talk, or ask other editors their opinion on Village pump.
The chief purpose of this page is to allow admins to ask each other for help and/or information, to communicate ideas, and for admin talk to happen.
However, any user of Wikiquote may post here. Admins are not a club of elites, but normal editors with some additional technical abilities. Anyone is free to use it to talk to admins as a group. Please feel free to leave a message.
If you do, please sign and date all contributions, using the Wikiquote special form "~~~~", which translates into a signature and a time stamp automatically.
To request special assistance from an administrator, like deletion, use appropriate pages or tags.
To request assistance from a specific administrator, see [[User talk:Whoever]].
If there is another page which is a more natural location for the discussion of a particular point, please start the discussion there, and only put a short note of the issue, and a link to the relevant location, on this page. Put another way, to the extent possible, discussions are better off held somewhere else, and announced here. This will avoid spreading discussion of one topic over several pages (thereby making them harder to follow), and also reduce the rate of changes to this page.
Pages needing admin intervention:
- Wikiquote:Protected titles
- MediaWiki:Bad image list
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice id when you update MediaWiki:Sitenotice, id num needs also to be incrementally grown
- MediaWiki:Spam-blacklist For global blacklisting, go to m:Talk:Spam blacklist instead.
- MediaWiki:Titleblacklist (upper compatible w/ MediaWiki:Usernameblacklist)
- Blocking policy
- List of blocked IP addresses and usernames
- Block log
- Wikiquote:Protection policy (draft)
- Protection log
bad IP editor with too many COPY-WRITE vios and personal problems 2601:81:c402:ad20::/64Edit
- While that IP deserves a decent blocking, that is not the same "problematic Thomas and Friends editor" you speak of. Obviously a sockpuppet of a nonsense-category buff:
- DawgDeputy (talk) 12:01, 27 July 2020 (UTC)