The Crusades was directed by Cecil DeMille in 1935. The chief character of this film is Richard I of England who is trying to re-capture Jerusalem after its fall to the Saracens in 1187.
- See 3rd Crusade for pertinent historical material.
- The host of our Lord shall fall upon Islam...like a mighty wave of the sea.
- The Hermit speaking to Salah ad-Din about the 6th minute into the movie.
- Will ye fight over your petty kingdoms here? There is but one kingdom, the kingdom of God.
Richard the LionheartEdit
- Why should I fear and pray for what I don't understand?
Saladin, Sultan of IslamEdit
- I offer peace to you, foes of Islam.
- Islam does not accept a Christian marriage.
- You shall see the foes of Islam swept like dust before the might of Allah.
- He [Richard I] is the tempest that has shaken Islam.