Talk:Monty Python's Life of Brian(Redirected from Talk:Life of Brian)
All these quotes are out of order from how they are said in the movie! Who wants to reorganize them...? -- 18.104.22.168 05:08, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
- Be bold! Feel free to do it yourself. Wikis work best when people who recognize a problem tackle it when they see it. And please sign and date your talk-page postings by adding four tildes (~~~~) to the end, which the wiki software will convert into a signature and timestamp. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 06:24, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
I find this scene very memorable, but perhaps it's too long.
- [Brian is writing graffiti on the palace wall. The Centurion catches him in the act]
- Centurion: What's this, then? "Romanes eunt domus"? People called Romanes, they go, the house?
- Brian: It says, "Romans go home. "
- Centurion: No it doesn't ! What's the latin for "Roman"? Come on, come on !
- Brian: Er, "Romanus" !
- Centurion: Goes like?
- Brian: "..anus"?
- Centurion: Vocative plural of "Romanus" is?
- Brian: Er, er, "..ani" ?
- Centurion: "Romani"[Writes "Romani" over Brian's graffiti] "Eunt"? What is "eunt"?
- Brian: Er, "Go"
- Centurion: Conjugate the verb, "to go" !
- Brian: Er, "Ire". Er, "eo", "is", "it", "imus", "itis", "eunt".
- Centurion: So, "eunt" is...?
- Brian: Third person plural present indicative, "they go".
- Centurion: But, "Romans, go home" is an order. So you must use the...?
- [He twists Brian's ear]
- Brian: Aaagh ! The imperative !
- Centurion: Which is...?
- Brian: Aaaagh ! Er, er, "i" !
- Centurion: How many Romans?
- Brian: Aaaaagh ! Plural, plural, er, "ite" !
- Centurion: "Ite"[Writes "ite"] "Domus"? Nominative? "Go home" this is motion towards, isn't it boy?
- Brian: Dative, sir !
- [the Centurion holds a sword to his throat]
- Brian: Aaagh ! Not the dative, not the dative ! Er, er, accusative, accusative, "domum", sir, "Ad Domum" !
- Centurion: Except that "Domus" takes the...?
- Brian: The locative, sir!
- Centurion: Which is...?
- Brian: Er, "Domum" !
- Centurion: "Domum"[Writes "Domum"] "..um". Understand?
- Brian: Yes sir!
- Centurion: Now, write it out a hundred times.
- Brian: Yes sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.
- Centurion: Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.
- Brian: Oh thank you sir, thank you sir, hail Caesar and everything, sir!
22.214.171.124 11:39, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
(A neighboured crucifixion victim (Eric Idle) is saying to Brian, just before the common 'Always look on...' song)
- You came from nothing and you'll go back to nothing. So what you´ve lost ... Nothing.
- (the original words have to be checked)