Talk:Emperor Norton(Redirected from Talk:Joshua A. Norton)
I've removed the massive set of proclamations that 126.96.36.199 (talk · contributions) added a few months ago because Wikiquote is not a place for public domain documents. Wikisource is the correct place to put something like this. I'd also recommend citing a source for these proclamations, so their accuracy may be verified. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 20:44, 27 April 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, I've also removed the 1880 San Francisco Chronicle obituary for the same reason. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 20:55, 27 April 2006 (UTC)
- Would you two mind putting those in wikisource, then? Or I'll just put them back. 188.8.131.52 15:44, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- Why don't you put them into Wikisource, if you're so anxious to have them? I don't like to add material to any MediaWiki project for which I don't have an explicit source or means to verify. Each project has its own rules about content and sourcing, and its own editors to police such matters. Whether or not this is ultimately added to Wikisource, I will remove it from here if re-added. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 23:36, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- Published sources should be provided before moving these back into the article
- I could argue all day about the significance of facing east in religious rituals, but a clean table is a clean table.