Talk:Fact(Redirected from Talk:Fact and theory)
Seems to me that the quote:
- "If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect, then why practice?" - Unknown
Has nothing to do with Fact and Theory - the word 'practice' in this context means 'systematic training by multiple repetitions' rather than 'a customary way of operation or behavior'.
Move to fact - proposalEdit
I propose to move this article Fact and theory and theory to fact. There seems to be enough quotes to have to articles here, on the subject of fact and on theory. Both have separate Wikipedia articles and also separate articles in other Wikiquotes.
- In theory, you are right. In fact, there are some good quotes about the relation between the two concepts which might appear of either or both of the resulting pages. I support the theory of splitting this article into what are, in fact, two different subjects. ~ Ningauble (talk) 15:07, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
- Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
- Homer Simpson
- The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr.
- attributed to Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullāh, the founder of Islam
- Irving, I'll do what I want
- Matt Irving