Six of Crows
Six of Crows (2015) by Leigh Bardugo is a young adult fantsy novel set in Bardugo's Grishaverse, centered around criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker and his crewmates Inej Ghafa, Jesper Fahey, Wylan van Eck, Nina Zenik, and Matthias Helvar as they attempt to break into the Fjerdan Ice Court and resuce a scientist named Bo Yul-Bayur before he can stand trial.
- Kaz, this whole "shoot me" thing is starting to concern me.
- Chapter Two
- Jesper says this during a parley with another gang, the Black Tips.
- No mourners. No funerals.
- Often said by the Dregs
- The Dregs' way of saying good luck
- Wanden olstrum end kendesorum. Isen ne bejstrum.
- The water hears and understands. The ice does not forgive.
- Nina and Matthias in a flashback
- The saying is Fjerdan, and Nina and Matthias say this before reconciling.