- [To one of Roman Torchwick's henchmen] "Are you... robbing me?"
- [To Goodwitch after meeting her for the first time] "You're a Huntress! [Excited] Can I have your autograph?!"
- [Upon arriving at Beacon] "Oh! Oh! Sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! [Gasps] And she's got a fire sword!"
- [To Yang Xiao Long describes her as special] "I don't wanna be 'the bee's knees'. I don't wanna be any kind of 'knees'! I just wanna be a normal girl, with normal knees."
- [After Jaune indroduce and pick Ruby up] "I'm Ruby... Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"
- "As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!"
- [Holding Crescent Rose] "No more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."
- "I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"
- [Lecturing Jaune] "You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do. And if we fail, then, we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you."
- [Explaining the situation to Weiss] "Look Weiss, it's not what you think. I should explain, you see, she doesn't actually have a bow, she has kitty ears and they're actually kind of cute..."
- "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be...DELICIOUS!"
- [Ruby mocking Weiss] "Oooh, look at me! My name's Weiss! I know facts! I'm rich!"
- "None of you said 'Aye'."
- [Code words for different team attacks]: Freezer Burn! [Weiss and Yang]; Checkmate! [Weiss and Blake]; Ladybug! [Ruby and Blake]; Bumblebee! [Blake and Yang]; Ice Flower! [Ruby and Weiss]
- [Regarding Yang] With each hit, she gets stronger, and she uses that energy to fight back. That's what makes her special.
- [Struggling wearing heels for the first time] "Can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?!"
- "Does that mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood now?... Stupid lady stilts."
- "Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here...It wasn't me."
- [After learning their mission's with Oobleck; trying to be positive] "Alright, then. Looks like we're going to save the world!...with Dr. Oobleck-okay, yeah, when you say it out loud, it sounds worse."
- "Zwei, this is a wasteland. You literally could have done that anywhere!"
- [At her mother, Summer Rose's, grave] "Hey, Mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been...well, things have been pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, you know...[Lightly chuckles] Dad. He's still teaching at Signal, but he's told me he's going on some missions soon. I think he misses adventuring with you...I miss you, too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon, yet...so, that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line. That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter. You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad. Well, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh, they're my teammates. Together, we form Team RWBY. And, yes, before you ask, it does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, uh, I made a bunch of new friends, and I met some...uh, let's just say, 'odd' teachers. Oh, we stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say, 'Like mother, like daughter.' I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early, but, uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts sounding like Uncle Qrow. [Zwei barks, causing Ruby to look back, seeing Zwei with Taiyang] Oh, looks like Dad's back. I gotta go, he's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before his next mission! Wish me luck! [Puts on her hood and starts walking to Taiyang, then looks back] It was good to talk."
- "WE DID IIIIIIIIIIIIII- Is everyone else starving?"
- "Guess I dropped it. Guh, girl pockets are the worst!"
- [To Emerald] "Oh stop it asdfhgh shut your little stupid face"
- "Oh, no! Who would do such a th-aaaaat is my uncle!"
- [To Qrow, after he says they don't give medals for "almost"] "They do, and they're called 'silver'!"
- [To Yang, before battling Mercury] "Break a leg, sis!"
- [Sees Cinder disintegrate Pyrrha. Turns irate, and as she shouts out, a bright light shoots out of her eyes] "PYRRHA!"
- "You really want to make things up to me? Read this and never speak to me again!"
- [Responding to Ruby's offer to go shopping] "Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys like tall, blond and... scraggly over there."
- [Forced to be Ruby's partner during their years at Beacon] By no means does this make us friends.
- [When Ruby suggests they jump off the Nevermore's back that they're riding on] "What, are you insane?!" [Sees Ruby has already jumped] "Oh, you insufferable little red-!"
- "I will admit, at times, I can be...difficult..."
- [Explaining Pyrrha's Semblance to Ruby] "No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!"
- "Why does everyone keep calling me that?" [Ice Queen]
- "So Blake Belladonna, [Did triple front flip and land on a chair] What! Is! Wrong!?"
- "Okay, between blowing up night clubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the three of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells...
- [Responding to Jaune's date invitation] "No, no, no, yes."
- "No." [Close the door to Jaune face, then turns to Ruby and Yang] "What?"
- [Regarding Zwei] "Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling...mutt is going to wiv with us foweva?"
- "My father was not the start of our family name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it!"
- "How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!"
- [Watching Team SSSN take on Team NDGO] "Good luck, Neptune!" [After Neptune then flirts with Team NDGO] "BREAK HIS STUPID FACE, NDGO!"
- [Sees an approaching airship] [happily] "She's here!"
- [To Qrow after he insults Winter] "Excuse me? Do you have any idea who you talking to?"
- [After seeing Ruby's Uncle Qrow; to Ruby] "And, suddenly, your recklessness makes sense."
- "Just remember to keep proper form..."
- [After sacrificing herself to help RWBY win their battle against Team FNKI, covered in soot; coughs] "I may not be singing for a while..."
- [To Yang] "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless."
- [Meeting Ruby and Yang] "Aren't you the girl that exploded?"
- [Commenting on Ruby's optimism] "That's...very ambitious for a child. Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."
- [To Yang] "Did your sister just fall from the sky?"
- [Regarding Nora] "Did she just ride all the way over here on an Ursa?"
- [Regarding Pyrrha] "Did she just run all the way here with a Deathstalker on her tail?"
- "There's too much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing. Inequality, corruption... Someone has to stop it."
- [To Weiss, after continue insulting the faunus] "Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling degenerate! He's a person!"
- "I was born with the ability to leap behind a shadow of myself - an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away!"
- "We were being treated like equals, but not out of respect. Out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. Instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am, a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little, black bow."
- "I thought that class would never end."
- "Though, my first dance is spoken for."
- [Regarding Ruby and Yang's dog, Zwei; cowering on the top bunk] "Please keep it away from my belongings."
- "I may have worked up an appetite." [Her stomach lets out a very loud growl]
- "I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual... Little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents... then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just... very... familiar. But you're not him. And you never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I WILL trust you."
- [To Yang, after her arm gets sliced off by Adam; crying] "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..."
Yang Xiao LongEdit
- "Oh, I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me! This is the best day EVER!"
- [Standing in front of Beacon] "The view from Vale's got nothing on this."
- [Said after strategically landing] "Nailed It!"
- [Facing off with Grimm Ursas] "You guys wouldn't happen to have seen a girl in a red hood, would you? [The Ursas roar and attack] You could just say 'no'!"
- [Dodging attacks from the Grimm Ursas] "Geez, you two couldn't hit the broad side of a b- [Sees a single one of her hairs fall to the ground, cut off from one of the attacks] You...[Her eyes turn red] YOU MONSTERS!"
- [Picking a white knight chess piece from the relics] "Hey, how about a cute little pony?"
- [After hearing Jaune's screams] "Some girl is in trouble!"
- "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!"
- "I always kick my semester off with a 'Yang'!"
- "Great, the gang's all here. Now, we can die together."
- [While shooting Nevermore in the mouth] "I hope you're hungry!"
- [To Penny] "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" [Blake hits her]
- "What cat ears? She wears a... bow..."
- [Weiss refuse to go out with Jaune] "And that's why they call you the Ice Queen!"
- "Hey, we've got a plan. That's...moderately serious."
- "We're going to find the answers we're looking for, Blake. But if we destroy ourselves in the process, then what good are we?"
- "I'm a thrill-seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win, y'know?"
- [Stretches and lays back, replies with no emotion] "Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job."
- [To Weiss, after she sacrificed herself to help Yang defeat Team FNKI] "You know...I don't think that was proper form."
- [After Yang punch Mercury in his legs, before he attack first] "That what you get, you lit-"
- "Great, where am I going to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?"
- "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right, and maybe you could join up with the winning team."
- "'Run and Live.' That's an idea I can get behind."
- "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?"
- [To Cardin, after saving his life] "Don't ever mess with my team... like ever!"
- [To Weiss] "Bring it on Ice Queen, I have you know I've been told I'm a natural born leader."
- "♫ Weiss Schnee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday! ♫"
- [To Pyrrha] "Oh please, if you don't get a date to the dance I'll wear a dress. Heh."
- "NORA, I SAID HEADPHONES ON!"
- "Hold my punch!" [After Jaune left, Ruby drink it]
- [To Neptune] "D-do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?"
- "Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word."
- [Raises a glass to Ruby as they stand at the punch bowl at the dance] "To the socially awkward."
- [After eating a bunch of pasta bought by Pyrrha before Team JNPR's fight in the tournament] "If I barf, I'm blaming it on you."
- [To Pyrrha, final talk when she planning to stop Cinder] No... No, Pyrrha, you can't! You see how powerful she is! Pyrrha I won't let you do-" [Pyrrha kisses Jaune]
- [Rambling to Ren] "We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together'... Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?"
- [While poking Ren] "Boop!"
- [Riding a Grimm Ursa to the temple] "YEE-HAAA!" [The Ursa collapses and dies] "Aww, it's broken! Ewww...."
- "You're going on world-saving missions without us?! I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry, that last one's not your fault, though...REN."
- "NORA SMASH!"
- "This. Is. Happening!"
- [Singsong] "I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!"
- [Nora wake up a little] "Pancakes!"
- "Practice what you preach, Pyrrha."
- "Don't be so nervous! The worst that could happen is we lose! Then it's just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, [Starting to be nervous] we won't be able to show our faces in class, [Turning white] no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team LOSER-per! Ah ha ha ha ha!" [Sobbing]
- [To Pyrrha] "You heard the lady! No more moping around! We gotta get your butt in shape for the big fight! It could be today! It could be tomorrow! It could be [while lifting 1000 IB weight] the most important fight of your entire life!" [Then fell down]
- [To Ren, about his special juice] "We're suppose to help Pyrrha not poison her."
- "I'm sorry!"
- "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality, through this we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee."
- [To Team RWBY] "Hello again!"
- "You can't get it wrong if it's the truth."
- "Well, Ruby have her speed, Weiss have her glyphs, my semblance is polarity.
- "Ren made pancakes. No syrup, though. You can thank Nora for that."
- [To Jaune, before he said Blake was a Faunus in the library] "Fun-loving person whom we all admire and respect!"
- "I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities; I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise; but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long, you become separated from the people that put you there in the first place. Everyone assumes I'm too good for them - that I'm on a level that they simply can't attain. It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people. That's what I like about you: when we met, you didn't even know my name; you treated me like anyone else. And thanks to you, I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. I guess, you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with - someone who just saw me for me."
- "Thank you Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates."
- "There's no time..."
- [Last words, to Cinder] "Do you believe in destiny?"
- [To Nora] "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."
- "I still don't think that's what a sloth sounds like."
- [After Nora rides a Grimm Ursa to meet up with Yang and Blake] "Nora…please…don't ever do that again."
- "Time we left!"
- [To Nora, after drinking Ren's special juice] "You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice."
- [To Jaune during their sparring match] "This is the part where you lose."
- [Bullying Velvet about her bunny ears] "I told you it was real!"
- "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier."
- [To Jaune] "You know that wasn't very smart, Jaunie-boy."
- [After Pyrrha easily beats him in sparring; Groaning on the ground] "You got a lucky shot."
- "That's a big Ursa!"
- "Nice hustle, Fox. Good job."
- "You just destroyed my favorite clothing store. [Spits off to the side] Prepare to die."
- [To Velvet] "Hey, come on. You've spent all semester building that up. Don't waste it here."
- [Regarding Emerald] "Oh, I like her."
- [Later, after Emerald breaks her sunglasses] "I take it back. I don't like her."
- [begging Cardin Winchester to let go of her bunny ear] "Please, stop..."
- "It was just... There were just so many."
- [After taking a picture of Ruby by accident] "Ohh! Sorry."
- "A no-good stowaway would have been caught. I'm a great stowaway!"
- "Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks. [Blake glare at him] Ya! like that.
- [To Blake] "Weren't you part of a cult or something?"
- "And I don't mean a 'Tell-Scarlet-as-soon-as-Sun-turns-his-back' secret, I mean a 'secret' secret!"
- [After watching RWBY and JNPR's food fight] "I love these guys."
- [To Blake, regarding her seriousness] "Always sunshine and rainbows with you."
- "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place."
- "So, how does Blake feel about all this? Is she still being all, you know...Blake-y?"
- [He introduce to Neptune team RWBY] "Ruby, Yang, Blake, Ice Queen."
- [To Neptune] "Shut up. Don't be a nerd."
- "Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved!"
- "The White Fang are evil! I totally called it! And I'm bringing your daughter back!"
- "Stupid dumb neck trap."
- [Regarding Neptune] "Ignore him, for he...yeah, he's dumb."
- [After Scarlet gets eliminated with a flaming coconut hit his groin] "Nuts."
- [When the another Atlesian Paladin appear] "...You have got to be kidding me!"
- [After Ruby and Weiss go to find Jaune and Pyrrha, saying that they'll be back] "You better! [Whispers] Idiots."
- [When asked if he's gonna be cool] "Dude."
- [To Sun] "Intellectual. Okay. Thank you."
- [After Yang entrance] "Whoa, What a woman?" [looking at Malachite twins] "Sup?"
- "I can't dance, man!"
- "Ignore him, for he knows not what he says."
- [To Weiss, regarding Jaune] "You're looking at him. You got some good friends looking out for you."
- "Then you can party with us tonight! We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."
- [To NDGO] "Ladies!"
- [To Sun, After shot at Dew] "There, I helped! Are you happy now?!... Also, I am not afraid of water and I have no idea what YOU are talking about!"
- [To Mercury Black about the White Fang] "No, but they'll listen to me."
- "Bring them to their knees!"
- [To Blake] "Hello, my darling."
- "I going to destroy everything you love. [After hear Yang calling Blake when she attack two members of the White Fang] Starting with her!"
- "I'm combat ready!"
- "And I think Weiss's hair looks wonderful today!"
- [To Ruby about Blake] "Is she a man?!"
- "I'm... not a real girl..."
- [To Weiss and Winter after taking down one of Winter's guards] "Hey, [Weiss and Winter turn around] yeah! I talking to you, Ice Queens."
- [In a mysterious message to Ozpin] "Queen has pawns."
- "Gee, you ATLAS specialists think you're so special, don't you?"
- "Well you know what you really are? A buncha sellouts. Just like your boss."
- "You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here."
- [To Ironwood] "When you brought your fleet here, were you even trying to be discreet, or do you just not give a damn?!"
- "Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers, or generals, or headmasters. The people in this room, the leaders of the other two academies; we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one knows about."
- [Countering Ironwood] "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself."
- [To Winter] And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. [To Ironwood] Seriously, who invited her?
- "You may be acting like Huntresses, but you're not thinking like one."
- "Unless it's a dude or some old hag! Then the power goes to someone random and our jobs get a lot harder."
- [Pyrrha answer about maiden power] "Look who been listening, she is smart."
- "You're special, Ruby. And not in the "Daddy love his angel" kinda way. You're special the same way your mom was."
- "Remnant's full of legends and stories. Some of them true, some made-up, but there's one Ozpin told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsmen, before kingdoms, it was said that those born with silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see, the creatures of Grimm, the most fearsome creatures mankind had ever encountered, were afraid of those silver-eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from these warriors could strike a Grimm down. [Chuckles] It's a ridiculous story."
- [First lines] "Ruby Rose. You... have silver eyes..."
- [Said while inviting Ruby to Beacon Academy] "So you want to come to my school?... Well, okay."
- "I'll...keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge—to hone your craft and acquire new skills--and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose--direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."
- "Jaune Arc, Pyrrha Nikkos, Lie Ren, and Nora Valkyrie. You retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will be together as Team JNPR, led by...Jaune Arc. Congratulations, young man."
- "Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long. You retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will be together as Team RWBY, led by...Ruby Rose."
- "It looks like things are shaping up to be an…interesting year."
- "Ruby. I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. But at this moment, I would not consider your appointment to leader to be one of them. Do you?"
- "Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you are not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?"
- "I may be your headmaster, but I am also a Huntsman, and it is my sworn duty to protect this world from the forces that conspire against it."
- "If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different."
- "It's not every day that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds, but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are ones we'll never forget."
- [To Ironwood] "So tell me, when you prepare to go to war, which do you send in first: the flagbearer, or the scouts?"
- "Now, now, everyone. There's a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the coliseum that, I can assure you, has better seats...and popcorn."
- "A guardian is a symbol of comfort, but an army is a symbol of conflict."
- "Hello and welcome to Beacon. My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."
- [To Ruby] "If it were up to me, you'd be sent home, with a pat on the back... and a slap on the wrist!"
- "Children please, do not play with your food."
- "Oh, James... [To Ozpin] I be outside.
- [To Ironwood] "Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado!?"
- "Ozpin has experience the rest of us lack, and I think that's something worth remembering."
- "A true Huntsman must be honorable! A true Huntsman must be dependable! A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!"
- "I've believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray!"
- [To Weiss] "So instead of fretting about what you don't have, savor what you do. Hone your skills, perfect every technique, and be, not the best leader, but the best person you can be."
- [After Team JNPR defeats Team BRNZ when Nora hits all of BRNZ at once with her hammer, slamming them into the side wall] "And with that, it appears that Team JNPR wins by knockout, literally!...Can someone go make sure they're okay?"
- "Fear is like any other emotion; it comes and goes. It's all in how you handle it."
- "Now, while this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"
- [To team RWBY before leaving on their first mission] "Why, hello girls! Who's ready to fight for their lives?"
- [To Weiss] "It's 'Doctor' Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"
- "According to my schedule, we're already 3 minutes behind...schedule!"
- "Why, what a preposterous question, you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society! And the liver! And probably the kidneys, if I were to wager!"
- "As a Huntsman, it is my job to protect the people, and although I am capable of doing it with traditional weaponry, I believe I can make a much larger impact if I do it with my mind."
- "I am a Huntsman, Ruby, because there is nothing else in this world I would rather be."
- "Grab your weapons. Your leader might be in trouble."
- "My dear, we're not just looking for an underground crime network, we're looking for an "UNDERGROUND" CRIME NETWORK!"
- [After Reese Chloris is eliminated] "OOH, she really should've worn a helmet."
- [After Flynt Coal is eliminated] "Ouch! Sour note for Flynt!"
- "Despite popular belief, teachers have a life outside the classroom."
Hei "Junior" XiongEdit
- [To Yang] "Blondie! You're here...why?
- "Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them. WHICH IS SOMETHING I CAN RELATE TO!"
- Miltiades: [in Yang's trailer] "Melanie, who is this girl?"
- Melaine: "I don't know, Miltia, but we should teach her a lesson."
- Malachite Twins: [To Neptune] "Hmm. Whatever."
- "Calm down, we're not here for your money... Grab the Dust."
- [To Ruby] "End of the line, Red!"
- "Wow, you are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours."
- [To Sun] "You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid?"
- [To Blake] "Do you really think a little bow on top is going to make people forget what you were, what you've done?"
- "These kids just keep getting weirder!"
- [To Emerald and Mercury] "Oh look, she sent the kids again. This is turning out just like the divorce."
- [To Cinder, when he about to threat Mercury and Emerald] "I'd uh... Not kill them?"
- "But, before the claws come out, I'd like to mention the fact that you and I all have a common enemy: the ones in control; the people pulling the strings; the dirty, rotten humans that run our kingdoms! Government; military; even the schools: they're all to blame for your lot in life! And they're all pests that need to be dealt with! Fortunately, I'm the best exterminator around... No offense to any rodents in the room."
- [After team RWBY destroys his battle mech] "Just got this thing cleaned!"
- [To RWBY] "Ladies, Ice Queen..."
- "Manic animals, every one of 'em. [Mammoth White Fang Faunus heard and look at Roman] Not you though, you're, heh... you're great.
- [Facing off with Blake] "Hello, kitty-cat. You miss me?"
- "Oh, I can't believe that you caught me. You've really taught me the error of my ways. [ATLAS soldier push him] Hey hey, watch the hat!"
- [To Ironwood] "I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
- [After Neo free him] "Well... it's about time."
- "Woo-hoo-hahahaha! Oh, it is good to be back!"
- [After Neo text Guess Who? It show Ruby] "Oh, you can not be serious."
- "I may be gambling man, but even I know there's some bets you just don't take."
- "You know the old saying. "If you can't beat'em-" [Ruby open Neo umbrella, and send her flying] NEO!"
- [Confronting Ruby again] "Little Red, Little Red. You're just determined to be the hero of Vale, aren't you?"
- "You wanna be a hero? Then play the part, and die like every other Huntsman!"
- [Last words] "As for me, I'll do what I do best: Lie, steal, cheat, and SURVIVE!" [Gets devoured by a Grimm Gryphon]
- "How very disappointing, Roman."
- "Don't think. Obey."
- "People assume that she's fated for victory, when she's really taking fate into her own hands."
- "It's not about overpowering an enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And we will, in time."
- "They'd be scratching their heads long after we finished what we came here for."
- "Enjoy the rest of the night. After all, it is a party."
- "Even if you know how a story ends, that doesn't make it any less fun to watch."
- "Let's give everyone a good fight."
- "It's unfortunate you were promised a power that was never truly yours."
- [When Ruby suddenly emits a bright light from herself, freezing the Grimm dragon and Cinder] "WHAT?!"
- "I want to be strong. I want to be feared. I want to be powerful."
- "Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!"
- [After assassinating Tuksun, he walks out reading a magazine. Emerald gives him a look] "What? I like the pictures..."
- [To Roman] "You're an inspiration to every punk with a gun and a ski mask."
- "Learning is SO MUCH fun."
- [To Yang about the School Dance] "Wouldn't miss it for the world."
- [Confirming Qrow's arrival to Cinder] "Bad hair, used a scythe, and smelled like my dad after a long day. It was him."
- "There's not going be next time, Blondie!"
- "Hmm... Options are nice."
- [On Pyrrha's fighting abilities] "Just enough to make it look like she's untouchable. She doesn't broadcast her power, so it puts her opponent at a disadvantage."
- "It appears all the dancers have partner."
- "That's still days away!"
- "[Whisper] "Really social Awkward."
- [Regarding Team RWBY] "How can they be so happy all the time?!"
- [Briefing Mercury on who's representing RWBY in the second round of the tournament] "It's the heiress and the bimbo."
- "Ugh, headache. One mind I can handle, but two is a stretch."
- [Questioning Ozpin] "I have served you faithfully for years...but if you mean to tell me that your plan is to hold the defenses, and wait—"
- [To Ozpin] "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."
- [To Qrow after Battle with Winter] "If you were one of my men, I'd have you shot!"
- "You have two choices: Defend your kingdoms and your schools... Or save yourselves."
- [To Yang] "We have a lot to talk about."
- [To Qrow] "Hello, brother."
- "I warned you Beacon would fall, and it did. I told you Ozpin would fail, and he has. Now, you tell me: DOES SALEM HAVE IT?"
- "I lead our people now, and as leader, I will do everything to ensure our survival."
- "The strong live, the weak die. Those are the rules."
- [Seeing Ruby] "So, this is the leader you wrote of. How incredibly...underwhelming."
- [Regarding Qrow's claim that ATLAS specialists think they're special] "It's in the title."
- "If you won't hold your tongue, I will gladly take it out for you!"
- "We Schnees are unique. Our semblances are hereditary."
- "Your semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But, if you only focus on one aspect of it, if you fail to test the limits of what is possible, then you'll never truly grow."
[Pleading with Roman] "Just take my Lien and leave!"
[Defending his store's catchphrase] "It's just a catchphrase."
- Lisa lavender
[Talking about the Faunus Civil Rights Protest] "This Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights Protest turned dark, when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony."
"The robbery was led by nefarious criminal, Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts please contact the Vale Police Department."
- White Fang lieutenant
[Facing off with Weiss] "Finally, I get to kill a Schnee!"
[Knocks a glass to the floor, breaking it.] "Aw, gee-darn it."
- Neon Katt
"Never miss a beat!"
- Flint Coal
"That was a gutsy move, Schnee...I dig it."
[Message to Roman, with a picture of Ruby] "Guess who?"
[After Ruby slices off his stinger] "You BITCH!"
Ruby Rose [Volume 1, Episode 1]
- Ozpin: So...[He and Goodwitch look at footage of Ruby fighting off several of Torchwick's henchmen] Where did you learn to do this?
- Ruby: S-Signal Academy.
- Ozpin: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?
- Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.
- Ozpin: I see...[Puts a plate of cookies on the table in front of Ruby. Ruby hesitantly eats one, looks at Ozpin, then eats more] It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow.
- Ruby: [Mumbles with a mouthful of cookies.] Thas ma unca Mmmf! [Ozpin stares at her; Ruby quickly swallows and clears her throat] Sorry. That's my Uncle Qrow. He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. Now, I'm all, like [does karate arm moves and light shouts]
- Ozpin: So I've noticed.
- Ruby: I wonder who we're gonna meet.
- Yang: I just hope they're better than "Vomit Boy".
- Ruby: Oh, Yang, gross, you have puke on your shoe!
- Yang: Gross, gross, gross...
- Ruby: Get away, get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!
The Shining Beacon [Volume 1, Episode 2]
- Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, Princess!
- Blake: It's Heiress, actually! Weiss Schnee, heiress, to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.
- Weiss: Finally, some recognition!
- Blake: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.
- Weiss: -What- How dare-!
[Ruby started to laugh]
- Weiss: The nerve of-! [Weiss snatch her dust from Blake and walk away] Ugh!
- Ruby: Look, I'm sorry Vomit-boy was the first thing that came to mind.
- Jaune: Oh yeah, what it I called you Crater-face?
- Ruby: Hey, that explosion was an accident.
The Shining Beacon Pt. 2 [Volume 1, Episode 3]
- Yang: So, how's your first day going, little sister?
- Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?
- Yang: Yikes, meltdown already?
- Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school. And there was fire and I think some ice.
- Yang: Are you being sarcastic?
- Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me! [During this, the camera pans over to reveal Weiss standing right behind Ruby, listening the whole time]
- Weiss: YOU!
- Ruby: [Jumps into Yang's arms] Oh God, it's happening again!
- Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!
- Yang: [Deadpan] Oh my God, you really exploded.
- Ruby: Hello Weiss, I'm Ruby. Wanna hangout? We could go shopping for school supplies!
- Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys like tall, blond and... scraggly over there.
- Ruby: Wow! Really?!
- Weiss: ...NO.
[First-year students spend their first night at Beacon in sleeping bags in main hall. Ruby is in her sleeping bag, writing]
- Yang: [Plops down next to Ruby] It's like a big slumber party!
- Ruby: I'm not sure Dad would approve of all the boys, though.
- Yang: [Winks] I know I do...
- Yang: What's that?
- Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.
- Yang: Awww, that's so cuuuuute!
[Ruby throws her pillow at Yang]
- Ruby: Shut up!
- Weiss: What in the world is going on over here!? Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep!? [After seeing it's Ruby who woke her up]
- Weiss and Yang: OH, NOT YOU AGAIN!
- Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!
- Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side.
- Ruby: I was always on your side!
- Yang: Yeah, What's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!
- Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!
[Blake blows out the candles]
Players and Pieces [Volume 1, Episode 8]
- Weiss: [She and Ruby are riding on the back of a Nevermore] RUBY! I told you that this was a terrible idea!
- Ruby: We'll be fine! Stop worrying!
- Weiss: I am so beyond worrying!
- Ruby: ...In a good way?
- Weiss: In a BAD way! In a VERY BAD way!
- Ruby: Well, why don't we just jump?
- Weiss: What, are you insane?! [Sees Ruby has already jumped] Oh, you insufferable little red-!
- Yang: Ruby!
- Ruby: Yang!
- Nora: NORA!
- Yang: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!
- Ruby: Uh, Yang? [Points up to the sky]
- Weiss: [Hanging off a claw of a flying Nevermore] How could you leave me?!
- Ruby: I said "jump"!
- Blake: She's going to fall.
- Ruby: She'll be fine.
- Ren: She's falling.
- Jaune: [Jumps and catches a falling Weiss in mid-air] Just...dropping in? [Weiss looks down, then Jaune; they both realize they're still in mid-air] Oh, god! [Both of them hold on to each other, and fall] NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[Jaune crash lands first, then Weiss lands on him]
- Weiss: [sarcastically] My hero.
- Jaune: [Groans] My back!
- [Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang prepare to take down a Grimm Nevermore. Yang and Blake stretch one of Blake's ribbons between two pillars. Ruby stands on the ribbon, while Weiss uses her semblance to pull it back, like a slingshot.]
- Weiss: Of course, you would come up with this idea.
- Ruby: Think you can make the shot?
- Weiss: [Smugly] Hmph, can I?
- Ruby: ...Can-?
- Weiss: Of course I can!
The Badge and The Burden [Volume 1, Episode 9]
[After Weiss wakes up, Ruby blows a whistle]
- Weiss: Gah! [Falls down]
- Ruby: Goooood morning, Team RWBY!
- Weiss: What in the world is wrong with you?!
- Ruby: Now that you're awake, we can begin our first order of business.
- Weiss: Excuse me?
- Yang: Decorating!
- Weiss: What?
- Blake: We still have to unpack...[Holds up her suitcase, which falls open, spilling out all its contents] And clean.
- [Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang decorate and furnish their room. When they finish, they see the beds are cluttered together]
- Weiss: This...isn't going to work.
- Blake: It is a bit cramped.
- Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff.
- Ruby: Or...we could ditch the beds [Gasps] And replace them with BUNK BEDS!
- Weiss: Um, that sounds incredibly dangerous.
- Yang: And super awesome!
- Blake: It does seem efficient.
- Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote.
- Ruby: I think we just did.
- [Blake gives a thumbs-up, Yang gives a "rock on" gesture, both accompanied by a "bing" sound, followed by Weiss frowning, accompanied by a buzzer.]
- Ruby: Now, we have a few classes to together today. At 9:00 we've gotta be-
- Weiss: What? Did you say 9 o'clock?!
- Ruby: Umm...
- Weiss: It's 8:55, you dunce!
[Weiss rush out of Team RWBY dorm]
- Ruby: Uhh, t-t-to, to class! [Ruby, Yang, and Blake follow Weiss]
- Jaune: Class? Wh-whaaa! Uullg! [Team JNPR fell down to each other] We're gonna be late!
The Badge and The Burden Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 10]
- [Weiss is complaining to Professor Port about Ozpin's choice to name Ruby the team leader]
- Weiss: Excuse me?
- Professor Port: I believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray.
- Weiss: So, you would just blindly accept his decision, even after seeing how exceptional I am?
- Professor Port: With all due respect, your exceptional skill on the battlefield is matched only by your poor attitude.
- Weiss: How dare you!
- Professor Port: My point, exactly. I see a girl who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted.
- Weiss: That's not even remotely true! [Professor Port raises an eyebrow] Well, not entirely true...
Jaunedice Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 12]
- Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?
- Jaune: Uhh... the answer... the advantage... of the faunus... had over that guy's stuff... [Sees Pyrrha making a gesture] Uh, b-binoculars!
Forever Fall Part 2 [Volume 1, Episode 14]
- Pyrrha: Well, Ruby has her speed, Weiss has her glyphs, my semblance is polarity.
- Ruby: Whoa, you can control poles...
- Weiss: No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!
- Ruby: Magnets are cool, too...
The Stray [Volume 1, Episode 15]
- Weiss: Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into event is simply breathtaking.
- Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring?
- Weiss: Quiet you!
[Team RWBY introduce a mystery girl]
- Ruby: I'm Ruby!
- Weiss: Weiss!
- Blake: Blake!
- Yang: Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" [Blake hits her on her side] I'm Yang!
- Penny: You call me friend. Am I really your friend?
- Ruby: Ahh! [Then Weiss, Blake, and Yang want her to say no] Yeah, sure! Why not?! [Then they faint]
- Penny: Ahaha! Sen-sational! We can paint our nails and try out clothes and talk about cute boys!
- Ruby: Ooh, is this what it was like when you met me?
[After Weiss gets up, and brush herself]
- Weiss: No, she seems far more coordinated.
- Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?
- Penny: I'm combat ready!
- Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.
- Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.
- Weiss: It's a combat skirt!
[Ruby, wearing a combat skirt as well, stands next to Weiss]
- Ruby: Yeah! [She and Weiss slap hands]
Black and White [Volume 1, Episode 16]
- Ruby: Blaaake?!
- Yang: Blaaake?!
- Ruby: Blaaake?! Where are yooouuu?!
- Yang: Blake!!
- Ruby: Weiss, You're not helping!
- Weiss: Oh! You know who might be able to help? The police.
- Ruby: Ugh. Weiss...
- Weiss: It was just an idea!
- Ruby: Yeah, a bad one.
- Yang: Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions.
- Weiss: I think when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right.
- Penny: And I think Weiss's hair looks wonderful today!
- Ruby: Agh!! Penny!! Where did you come from!?
- Penny: Hey Guys. What are you up to?
- Ruby: Uuuhhhhh...
- Yang: We're looking for our friend Blake.
- Penny: Oh... you mean the Faunus girl.
- Ruby: Wait, how did you know that?
- Penny: Uh, the cat ears?
- Yang: What cat ears? She wears a... bow...
- Ruby: [Whispers to Yang] She does like tuna a lot...
- Blake: Weiss. I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the White Fang. Back when I was with-
- Weiss: Do you have any idea how long we've been searching for you?... Twelve Hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours I've decided... [Yang, Sun, and Ruby waiting for Weiss to answer] I don't care!
- Blake: You don't care?
- Weiss: You said you're not one of them anymore, right?
- Blake: No, I-I haven't been since I was younger-
- Weiss: Upupupupup! I don't wanna hear it. All I want know, is that the next time something this big comes up... you'll come to your teammates, and not some... [Weiss look at Sun] someone else.
- Blake: Of course.
- Ruby: Yeah! Team RWBY is back together!
[Team RWBY and Sun come together]
- Weiss: I'm still not quite sure how I feel about you!
- Sun: [Nervous laugh]
Best Day Ever [Volume 2, Episode 1]
- Mercury: I knew you were lost.
- Emerald: Mercury! I will seriously pay you to shut up.
- Mercury: That's not your money.
- Emerald: But it could be yours for five minutes of silences.
- Mercury: Mmm... No deal.
- Emerald: Hmph. Fine.
- Mercury: Whatever. You want me.
- Yang: Whatcha doing?
- Blake: Nothing. [Closing her book] Just going over notes from last semester.
[Yang catch a grape with her mouth and eat it]
- Yang: Lame!
[From Nora, then use a plastic spoon on a flick the grape to Yang mouth and eat it again, giving a thumb up, then Ruby appear with "Vytal Festival Activities binder, property of Weiss Schnee" change into "BEST DAY EVER ACTIVITY"]
- Ruby: Sisters, friends, Weiss...
- Weiss: Hey!
- Yang: This ought to be good.
[Yang eats a grape, from Nora again]
- Ruby: A dream that we would all be able to come together, as a team, and have the most fun day that anyone has ever had...ever!
- Weiss: ...Did you steal my binder?
- Ruby: I am not a crook.
- Blake: What are you talking about?
- Ruby: I'm talking about kicking the semester off with a bang!
- Yang: I always like to kick my semesters off with a "Yang"! Eh? Guys? Am I right?
- Nora: [Throws an apple at Yang from off-camera] BOOOOOOOO!
- Yang: [Growled]
[After teams RWBY and JNPR have a food-fight that nearly destroys the entire dining hall, Goodwitch arrives and promptly fixes everything with a wave of her riding crop]
- Goodwitch: Children, please...do not play with your food.
[Nora burp and Yang fell down after Nora knock her out in the sky, RWBY and JNPR quietly start giggling with one another. Goodwitch starts to grow more angry]
- Ozpin: Let it go.
- Goodwitch: [Calms down and sighs] They're supposed to be the defenders of the world.
- Ozpin: And they will be. But, right now, they're still children. So, why not let them play the part? After all...it isn't a role they'll have forever.
- Roman: Oh look, she sent the kids again. This is turning out just like the divorce.
- Emerald: Ugh. Spare us the thought of you procreating.
- Roman: That was a joke.
- Mercury: Two packed bags and a ticket out of Vale said otherwise.
- Roman: Listen you little punk, If it were up to me I would take you and your little street-rat friend here, and I would-
- Cinder: Do, what, Roman?
[Cinder appear on the elevator]
- Roman: [Chuckle] I'd uh... Not kill them?
- Emerald: Cinder!
- Cinder: I thought I made it clear that you were to eliminate the would-be runaway.
- Roman: I was going to!
- Emerald: He was going to escape to Vacuo. Mercury and I decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat.
- Mercury: I think he was some sort of cat actually.
- Emerald: What like a puma?
- Mercury: Yea, there ya go.
- Cinder: Quiet. Did I not specifically instruct you two to keep your hands clean while in Vale?
- Emerald: I just thought-
- Cinder: Don't think, [While Roman taunts Emerald with his throat] Obey.
- Emerald: Yes ma'am. It won't happen again.
Welcome to Beacon [Volume 2, Episode 2]
- Ironwood: But ask yourself this: do you honestly think that your children can win a war?
- Ozpin: I hope they never have to.
- Yang: Pretty sneaky sis, but you've just activated my trap card!
- Ruby: [Shrieked] WHAT!
- Yang: Giant Nevermore!
- Weiss: [Evil laughing] YES! FEAR THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF MY FORCES! COWER AS THEY PILLAGE YOUR HOMES AND WEEP AS THEY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN FROM YOUR VERY ARMS-!
- Yang: Trap card.
- Weiss: Huh?
- Yang: Your armies have been destroyed.
- Weiss: [sobs] I hate this game of emotions we play!
- Ruby: [Crying as well, embracing Weiss] Stay strong, Weiss. We'll make it through this together.
- Weiss: Shut up! Don't touch me!
- Jaune: Hey! Can I play?
- Ruby: Sorry Jaune, we've already got four people.
- Weiss: Besides, this game requires a certain level of tactical cunning that I seriously doubt you possess.
- Yang: Uhh... You attacked your own navel fleet two turns ago.
- Weiss: Hmph!
- Jaune: Bring it on, Ice Queen! I had you know that I've been told I'm a natural born leader.
- Weiss: By who? your mother?!
- Jaune: And Pyrrha!
- Pyrrha: Hello again!
- Sun: 'Sup losers!
[Sun and Neptune appear]
- Ruby: Hey, Sun!
- Sun: Ruby, Yang, Blake, Ice Queen...
- Weiss: Why does everyone keep calling me that!?
- Sun: I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend.
- Neptune: Uh... aren't libraries for reading?
- Ren: [Team JNPR is sitting at a table nearby, studying; Nora's sleeping] Thank you!
- Nora: [Jolts awake] Pancakes!
- Sun: Shut up. Don't be a nerd.
- Neptune: Intellectual. Okay. Thank you. I'm Neptune.
- Weiss: So, Neptune, where are you from?
- Neptune: Haven... And I don't believe I've caught your name, snow angel.
- Weiss: Um... I'm Weiss.
- Jaune: [Having earlier addressed Weiss as "snow angel"] Are you kidding me!?
- Neptune: Pleasure to meet you.
- Ruby: Let's hatch a plan!
- Yang: Yeah!
- Ruby: Ahh! I left my board game in the library!
- Weiss: We're doomed.
A Minor Hiccup [Volume 2, Episode 3]
[After seeing Sun at the window, Team RWBY backs away]
- Blake: Sun!
- Yang: How did you get up there?
- Sun: Ah it's easy. I do it all the time.
- Weiss: You do what?!
- Sun: I climb trees all the time! [Weiss narrows her glare at Sun, who flips into the room] So... are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?
- Blake: WE, are going to investigate the situation. [Gestures to the rest of RWBY] As a TEAM.
- Ruby: Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to.
- Sun: Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune.
[RWBY looks out the window, and sees Neptune standing on the ledge right next to the window, back firmly against the wall]
- Neptune: 'Sup?
- Ruby: How did you even get up here?
- Neptune: I have my ways. [Looks down] Seriously though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now.
- Ruby: All right. I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?
- Weiss: Actually Ruby, why don't you go with Yang, heh. After all she is your sister.
- Ruby: But Weiss, who would go with you then?
- Weiss: Well, I guess Neptune could come with me.
- Ruby: [laughs] Nah. [Walks out of the room, dragging Weiss behind her]
- Weiss: But! But!
Painting the Town [Volume 2, Episode 4]
- Yang: C'mon, my friend's right in here.
[Yang gets off her motorcycle, while Neptune was on the back, in stupefied awe]
- Neptune: Cool. [shakes his head] And where exactly is... here?
- Gangster #1: Hurry, close the door she's coming!
[Two gangsters close the door]
- Junior: What are you two idiots doing!?
[Two gangsters trying to talk to Junior, until the door explodes open. Yang walks in]
- Yang: Guess who's back!
[A bunch of Junior's "staff" point their guns at Yang. The music being played in the club starts to skip. Yang gives a look to the DJ, who briefly comes out of hiding to turn off the record.]
- Neptune: Yeah, so could you define "friend" for me?
- Junior: Stop, stop! Nobody shoot. Blondie! You're here. Why?
- Yang: You still owe me a drink. [Yang drags Junior to the bar]
- Neptune: Whoa, what a woman... [looking at Malachite twins] 'Sup?
- Malachite Twins: [Walking away] Hmm. Whatever.
- Junior: I don't know.
- Yang: How can you not know?
- Junior: I haven't talked to him. I haven't even seen him since the night you first came in here. He paid upfront, I lent him my men, and none of them ever came back.
- Neptune: So where did they go?
- Junior: What kind of stupid question is that? They never came back! Who is this guy?
- Roman: [Yang tries to fire at him, but her attack gets blocked by Neopolitan] Ladies, Ice Queen...
- Weiss: Hey!
- Roman: Always a pleasure. Neo, if you would...
[Neopolitan gives an elegant bow to RWBY. Yang charges at Neo and Roman, but when she strikes them, they shatter to pieces, and they're then seen flying away on an aircraft]
- Yang: So, I guess he got a new henchman.
- Weiss: Yeah, I guess she really made our plans..."fall apart", huh?
- Blake: No, just...no.
- Weiss: What? But you do it!
- Yang: There's a time and a place for jokes.
- Weiss: Was this not it?
- Yang: No, it was just not very good.
- Weiss: Well, at least I'm trying!
- Ruby: Wait, Where are Sun and Neptune?
[At the noodle house, Sun and Neptune eating noodles]
- Neptune: They're probably fine, right?
- Sun: Probably.
Extracurricular [Volume 2, Episode 5]
- Jaune: [While playing guitar] ♫Weeeiiisssss♫ [Then wink]
[Weiss slams the door closed]
- Jaune: [Knocks three times] Oh come on. [Knocks three times] Open the door... I promise not to sing.
[Weiss opens the door again]
- Jaune: [While playing guitar] ♫I liiieed♫ ♫Weiss Schnee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday!♫
- Weiss: Are you done?
- Jaune: ...Yes?
- Weiss: NO. [Closes the door to Jaune face, then turns to Ruby and Yang] What?
- Yang: And that's why they call you the Ice Queen.
[Ruby fell down]
- Weiss: All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind.
Burning the Candle [Volume 2, Episode 6]
- Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.
[Pushes two squares of exactly identical cloth to Ruby. Ruby looks confused]
- Ruby: ...Aren't they both the same?
- Weiss: [Sighs] I don't even know why I asked!
- [Preparing the hall for the dance]
- Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!
- Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!
[Sun and Neptune enter the ballroom]
- Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?
- Weiss: [Turns sweet] Heh, we were thinking about it.
- Neptune: That's pretty cool.
- Jaune: It's Weiss. I'm completely head-over-heels for her, and she won't even give me a chance. She's cold, but she's also incredible. She's smart, and graceful, and talented. I mean, have you heard her sing? I-I just wish she's take me seriously, y'know? I wish I could tell her how I feel without messing it all up.
- Pyrrha: Then do it.
- Jaune: Uh, wha-?
- Pyrrha: Tell her exactly what you said. No ridiculous schemes, No pick-up lines. Just... be honest.
- Jaune: But, wh-
- Pyrrha: Jaune. You can't get it wrong if it's the truth.
- Jaune: ... You're right. Thanks, Pyrrha. [To Ren] Good talk, Ren!
[Jaune leaves to go to Weiss. Pyrrha smiles until Jaune leaves, then turns somber and walks to the other side of the room. Nora watches her]
- Nora: [sighs] Practice what you preach, Pyrrha.
- Blake: You don't understand! I'm the only one who can do this!
- Yang: No...[Turns to Blake, her eyes now red] YOU don't understand! If Roman Torchwick walked through that door right now, what would you do?!
- Blake: I'd fight him!
- Yang: [Shoves Blake] You'd LOSE!
- Blake: [Shoves Yang back] I can stop him!
- Yang: [Shoves Blake harder] You can't even stop ME!
- Ozpin: If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked. Heh. Although, one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot.
- Ruby: Or a twisted ankle...
Dance Dance Infiltration [Volume 2, Episode 7]
- Jaune: I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too.
- Ruby: Yuuuuuuu-P!
- Jaune: [Raises his glass] To the socially awkward. [Ruby chuckles and clinks her glass with his]
- Neptune: Hey, uh... Jaune, right?
- Jaune: [sign] Yeah.
- Neptune: This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing: Pbbfff.
- Jaune: Yeah.
- Neptune: Cute girls though, huh?
- Jaune: [Grunt] Is that all you think about?
- Neptune: Huh?
- Jaune: D-do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?
- Neptune: Whoa, where's this coming from!?
- Jaune: How could you turn her down like that?
- Neptune: Wait, w-who?
- Weiss: Weiss!
- Neptune: I, uh... it, uh... It just didn't work out. Y'know?
- Jaune: What? You think you're too cool? Too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-
- Neptune: I can't dance.
- Jaune: Beg your pardon?
- Neptune: I can't dance, man.
- Jaune: But, you're... so... cool.
- Neptune: Thank you. I try really, really, hard.
- Jaune: You would rather break a girl's heart, and go to a dance alone, than... just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?
- Neptune: That about sums it up, yeah.
- Jaune: Well, I certainly feel a lot better about myself.
- Neptune: Please don't tell anybody. Look, if you want Weiss, she's all yours; I don't wanna get in your way.
- Jaune: [sign] Do you like her?
- Neptune: Yeah, I mean, I don't know her too well yet, but she seems pretty cool.
- Jaune: Then just go talk to her. No pickup lines, no suave moves. Just be yourself. I've heard that's the way to go.
- Neptune: Yeah, but that isn't-
- Jaune: Hey, you don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it.
- Neptune: Yeah. Okay.
- Jaune: Go talk to her. I guarantee it'll make her night.
- Neptune: Thanks. You're a really cool guy, Jaune.
- Jaune: Alright, don't lie to my face. [both of them fist bump, after Neptune left] [sign] Alright. Only one thing left to do.
- Yang: [sigh] Tomorrow it's back to work.
- Ruby: Well, I'm sure we can handle whatever gets thrown at us. [Everybody started to laugh] Except for that.
[Every student continue to laugh by someone, until Pyrrha notice it's Jaune]
- Pyrrha: Jaune? [Jaune is wearing a dress]
- Jaune: Promise is a promise.
- Pyrrha: [Laughing] Jaune, you didn't have to.
- Jaune: Hey, an Arc never goes back on his word. Now do you wanna stand there and laugh at me, or do you wanna dance?
- Pyrrha: I would love to dance.
[Jaune grabs Pyrrha, and takes her to the dance floor]
- Nora: Ren! This. is. HAPPENING!!!!!
- Ren: Wait! What is happening?
- Pyrrha: I had no idea you were a dancer!
- Jaune: Yeah, well these things tend to happen when you grow up with seven sisters.
Field Trip [Volume 2, Episode 8]
- Ozpin: Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?
- Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my "bad-guy-catching" record wasn't 0 for 3. [Chuckles lightly; Ozpin, Goodwitch, and Ironwood stare at her] Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it...
- Ironwood: We send as many troops as we can to the southeast, find out exactly what's going on, and eradicate any forces that stand in our way.
- Goodwitch: Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado?! You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring di-!
- Ozpin: Glynda!
- Yang: Oh! I know what will cheer you up.
- Ruby: What's that?
- Yang: [After grabbing a mail] I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together.
- Ruby: [High pitched] Ooh! Something from home! [Rushes to Yang's back to get the mail]
- Zwei: Ruh! Ruh!
- Team RWBY: Waaa-aaah!
- Ruby: Zweeeiii!
- Blake: He sent a dog?!
- Weiss: In the mail??
- Ruby: *giggles* [Zwei licks Ruby face]
- Yang: Oh he does stuff like this all the time.
- Ruby: Stop it, ahaha! [Zwei continues licking Ruby face]
- Blake: [On the top bunk bed] Your father or your dog?
- Ruby: I missed youuu!
- Weiss: Are you telling me that this mangy...drooling...mutt is going to wiv with us foweva? Oh, yes he is yes he is! Oh isn't he adorable!
- Blake: Please keep it away from my belongings.
- Ruby: Beside it won't only be us out there. We'll be fighting alongside a genuine Huntsman!
- Yang: Yeah!
[Scene cuts to RWBY showing different expressions of shock and disbelief as they see who their Huntsman is]
- Oobleck: Why, hello, girls! Who ready to fight for their lives?
Search and Destroy [Volume 2, Episode 9]
- Neptune: Then you can come party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.
- Jaune: Ooohhooohh!
- Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal.
- Yang: I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.
- Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself more of an, intellectual but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussels.
- Ruby: Like the mushroom?
- Blake: Those are truffles.
- Ruby: Like the sprout?
- Yang: Those are brussels.
- Oobleck: Ruby!
[Rwby drops her scythe]
- Oobleck: I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school.
- Ruby: But, uh you hadn't told us to listen to you yet... So I didn't.
- Oobleck: She's not wrong. Very well. Ruby, leave your bag here we can pick it up upon our return.
- Ruby: But I-whaa
- Oobleck: Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important for you to bring it-
[Zwei came out of Ruby's Backpack]
- Ruby: [Whisper] Get back in the bag.
- Zwei: Woof!
- Oobleck: We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility and you brought...a dog?
- Ruby: I-uhh...!
- Oobleck: Genius! [Spin around grab Zwei leaving Ruby to the ground] Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for hunts such as ours!
- Zwei: Ruff!
- Ruby: I'm a genius.
Mountain Glenn [Volume 2, Episode 10]
- Yang: Blake, are you awake?
- Blake: Yeah.
- Yang: Why do you think [Dr. Oobleck] asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?
- Blake: Maybe he was curious.
- Yang: You think?
- Blake: ...No.
- Yang: [Sighs] Weiss, are you awake?
- Weiss: Of course I'm awake, you two are talking!
No Brakes [Volume 2, Episode 11]
- Oobleck: Hurry, children! We must get to the front and stop this train!
- Weiss: Uh... Professor?
- Oobleck: Doctor.
- Weiss: What's that?
[Weiss pointing at a bomb]
- Oobleck: That, my dear... appears to be a bomb.
- Oobleck: Well, I didn't expect them to go... [The bomb activates automatically] easy on us...
[After part of the train exploded]
- Oobleck: That's not good...
- Ruby: Uh, neither is this!
[Ruby sees another bomb]
- Blake: Another bomb?!
[Dr. Oobleck checking on another train]
- Oobleck: No, no, no...
[Oobleck opens the roof of the train and sees another bomb]
- Oobleck: They all have bombs!
Breach [Volume 2, Episode 12]
- Jaune: Okay, who's first?
[Big Ursa steps in]
- Jaune: O-oh-oh-okay. You're first, huh? Ha-ha okay. No, that's-that's fine.
[Pyrrha kills three Grimm, and sees Jaune facing off the big Ursa]
- Jaune: Totally fine, done this before. Done this before. [sigh] [Jaune starts to swing his sword a couple times, but the big Ursa doesn't collapse until five seconds later. Pyrrha smiles at him]
[Sun and Neptune appear]
- Sun: Nobody move, Junior Detectives!
- Neptune: We have badges, so you know it's official.
[Both of them fistbump]
[later Ironwood's ship appear in the sky, then Sun drop his badge]
- Yang: Well...we did it.
- Blake: We did it.
- Weiss: If we don't get extra credit for that, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.
- Yang: Weiss, a two-headed snake literally crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it.
- Ruby: Plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this, or who that mystery girl was.
- Weiss: Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending.
- Blake: We may not have all the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars, and I think that's something we can be proud of.
- Ruby: Yeah, and if somebody tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them.
- Yang: [Stretches and lays back, replies with no emotion] Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job. So...what now?
- Weiss: I'd suggest training for the tournament, but I think we have that covered at this point.
- Blake: So, then...?
- Ruby: Uh, time for bed?
- Weiss: Oh, please, yes.
- Blake: Absolutely.
- Yang: I'm going to sleep forever.
Round One [Volume 3, Episode 1]
[RWBY fights team ABRN. Yang nearly gets attacked by Nadir. Ruby stops him]
- Ruby: I got your back!
- Bolin Hori: [About to attack Ruby] Who's got yours? [He gets knocked away by Weiss]
- Ruby: My BFF!
- Weiss: NO.
- Ruby: (Whispers to herself) YES!
[RWBY goes to a noodles stand to eat]
- Yang: I'll have a bowl of the regular, please. [A big bowl of noodles is put in front of her]
- Ruby: Ugh...I'll take the same. [A bowl is placed in front of her]
- Weiss: Hmm, do you have a low salt-? [A bowl looking exactly like Ruby and Yang's is put in front of her] Umm...okay...
- Blake: [Gives a knowing nod to the vendor, the Old Man, who nods back and rushes back into the kitchen then hurries back, placing a bowl of noodles with fish on top in front of Blake. She gasps and turns starry-eyed, drooling, her heart audibly pounding] Ohhhhh....
- Yang: [Weiss produces a credit card to pay] Aw, Weiss, what's the occasion?
- Weiss: Consider it "Thanks for sending you to the doubles round." [Her card is thrown back like a throwing star, embedding itself in the counter, to the shock of the whole team. The Old Man clears his throat and points to the cash register, which says "DECLINED"] What? How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!
- Blake: [Glances around and tries to take her bowl, but it's taken away by the Old Man] Nooo...
- Pyrrha: Maybe I can help?
[Team JNPR appears]
- Ruby: Pyrrha!
- Yang: Aw, you don't have to!
- Blake: BUT SHE COULD!
[Team RWBY and Team JNPR have finished eating big bowls of noodles]
- Ren: Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?
- Pyrrha: Of course. It will give us energy.
[Nora lets out a very loud burp]
- Jaune: [Gives a sick groan] If I barf, I'm blaming you.
- Nora: Ooo! Aim it at the enemy!
- Ren: Nora, that's disgusting. But, if you do feel the urge...
- Jaune: Got it.
- Nora: We've got a world-renowed fighter on our team, what's basically a ninja, I can bench five of me, ...Jaune, we've trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!
- Ren: Are you gonna take that?
- Jaune: She's not wrong...
- Nora: I'm kidding! He know I'm kidding. Don't be so nervous! The worst that could happen is we lose! Then it's just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, [Starting to be nervous] we won't be able to show our faces in class, [Turning white] no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team LOSER-per! Ah ha ha ha ha! [Sobbing]
- Ren: Sooo yeah. We're feeling pretty good.
- Pyrrha: Don't fret. If anything, we should looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines and not... Well, murderers.
- Yang: Yeah don't sweat it! We've all faced way worse before.
- Blake: Let's see: Grimm Invasion, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath.
- Ruby: And that's all while we were still in training! Oh, imagine what it'll be like when we graduate!
- Weiss: Maybe then I'll be able to pay for a meal.
New Challengers [Volume 3, Episode 2]
- Jaune: This is it, guys! Let's finish 'em with team attacks! Nora, Ren, Flower Power!
- Nora: Wait... What?
- Jaune: F-Flower Power. [Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren just shrug] That's your team attack name.
- Ren: Since... when?
- Jaune: Guys, we went over this! Flower Power is Ren and Nora. Ren brings the flower, Nora brings the power.
- Ren: How do I bring a flower?
- Nora: No, silly! Not 'a flower'! Flour! Like in baking!
- Ren: Why would I bring that?
- Jaune: I, uh, no, it's your symbol!
- Pyrrha: So... what are we?
- Jaune: Pyrrha!
- Pyrrha: Sorry! I just wanna make sure it's clearly defined.
[Team BRNZ still listen to Team JNPR]
- Jaune: [distantly] Pyrrha, you and I are Arkos. It's the thing, where we take our shields, remember?
- Pyrrha: Arkos?
- Jaune: Yeah. It's our names put together?
- Pyrrha: Right... no, I get it.
- Jaune: What, do you not like it?
- Pyrrha: No, no, it's... good?
- Nora: Mmm, I sensed hesitation!
- Brawnz: Hey!
- Team JNPR: Huh?
- Brawnz: What do you think you doing?!
- Jaune: Trying to have a team meeting, thank you very little.
- Nora: [Angrily] Yeah! Team ears only!
- Brawnz: We in the middle of a fight!
- Jaune: [Yelled] And we're in the middle of the conversation! What don't you get about that?!
- Pyrrha: Um, Jaune?
- Jaune: Yes, Pyrrha?
- Pyrrha: I think he means that we're ALL in the middle of the fight?
- Jaune: [Sign] Nora, just... hit them with the hammer.
- Nora: ...GOT IT.
- Brawnz: Wait... what?!
[Nora hits all of BRNZ at once with her hammer]
- Team BRNZ: Ah!
[Team BRNZ crash to the side wall]
- Weiss: Good luck, Neptune!
[Neptune sees NDGO and flirts]
- Neptune: Ladies...
- Weiss: [Angrily and yelled] BREAK HIS STUPID FACE, NDGO!
- Neptune: Alright girls, try and remember. Hands above the waist.
- Sun: Ignore him, for he...yeah, he's dumb.
[After NDGO got desert]
- Nebula: Alright, home field advantage!
- Sun: Don't get to cocky, that's my turf too.
- Scarlet: I hope I don't get sand on my shoes.
- Neptune: Be cool, man.
- Gwen: Hey, the ocean!
- Neptune: HUH?! [look at the water symbol and gets scared]
- Ruby: Uh... what's wrong with Neptune?
- Blake: Oh no...
[The ocean appears on the battlefield, and Neptune freezes in horror]
- Blake: Neptune's... afraid of the water.
- Oobleck: Three, two, one, begin!
[Neptune rush to the desert]
- Sun: Neptune! What are you doing?!
- Neptune: Oh, you know, just, uh, getting to higher ground.
- Sun: On the enemy's side?!
[Scarlet drops his jacket]
- Neptune: They would never expect it!
- Dew: He's not wrong.
[After Team SSSN beats Team NDGO when Neptune electrifies the water, shocking out NDGO]
- Professor Port: And with that, Team SSSN moves on to the doubles round. You know what I call that victory?
- Dr. Oobleck: "Shocking"?
- Professor Port: No, "well-earned". What you said is stupid.
- Ruby: Aw, that was so close!
- Yang: Looks like the dorks made it to the next round.
[Blake watches Sun and Neptune celebrate their win over NDGO. Sun turns to Blake and points to her with a wink]
- Blake: [Blushes] Emphasis on "dork".
- Oobleck: [Microphone] That concludes the matches for today. Please leave the coliseum in a CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!
- Yang: Come on, let's go congratulate' em!
It's Brawl in the Family [Volume 3, Episode 3]
- Winter: Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels, different.
- Ruby: I mean it is fall so it's probably colder...
[Weiss punch Ruby on her right shoulder]
- Ruby: Ahh!
- Winter: [sigh] How have you been!
- Weiss: - Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderful too. I'm-
[Winter slap Weiss on the head]
- Winter: Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about ranking. I asked how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?
- Weiss: Well, there's Ruby.
- Ruby: [Snorts] Boob. [After fixing a bump on Weiss's head]
- Qrow: Hey, [Weiss and Winter turn around] yeah! I talking to you, Ice Queen.
- Winter: Halt!
- Weiss: Excuse me? [Walking toward Qrow] Do you have any idea who you talking to?
- Qrow: [Holds Weiss head] Sssshhhh, Not you. [Pushes Weiss away]
- Weiss: Hey!
- Qrow: [Walking toward Winter] YOU!
- Ruby: What's going on?!
- Weiss: Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!
- Ruby: Oh, no! Who would do such a th-aaaaat is my uncle!
- Weiss: What?!
- Ruby: Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!
- Weiss: Uhh, teach him respect, Winter!
- Ruby: UNCLE QROWWWWWWWW! [She rushes to him and jumps onto his arm, hanging on] Hi...Oh, it's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me?!
- Qrow: [Smiles and ruffles Ruby's hair] Nope.
- Ozpin: Qrow. A word, please.
- Qrow: [Aside to Ruby] I think I'm in trouble.
- Ruby: Well, you did tear up our courtyard.
- Qrow: Yeah, I did. [Winks and bumps fists with Ruby] Catch you later, kid.
[Qrow leaves with Ozpin while Goodwitch repairs the damage from Qrow's fight with Winter.]
- Weiss: [To Ruby] And, suddenly, your recklessness makes sense.
- Ruby: [Elbows Weiss] You're just mad, 'cause he whooped butt.
- Weiss: That was a draw, at best!
- Winter: What were you thinking?
- Ironwood: If you were one of my men, I'd have you shot!
- Qrow: If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself.
- Goodwitch: While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation.
- Winter: He was drunk!
- Goodwitch: He always drunk. [They turn and see Qrow drinking from his flask. He sees them staring at him and stops drinking with a shrug]
Lessons Learned [Volume 3, Episode 4]
- Coco: Hey, [Lowers her sunglasses] Love the outfit, kid.
- Emerald: I try not to get blood on it!
- Yatsuhashi: [stands up] "I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch."
- Emerald: I won't be the one bleeding.
- Coco: Oooh, I like her!
- Coco: [After her sunglasses break] I'll take it back, I don't like her.
- Ruby: You'll never defeat me old man!
- Qrow: Heh, you're nothin' but talk, kid.
- Yang: You can do it, Ruby!
[Qrow beats Ruby in the video game]
- Game Announcer: Soaring Ninja, Wins. Total Annihilation!
- Yang: Ouch...
- Qrow: By the way. Don't ever call me "old".
- Qrow: I come across a small village in the swamps West of Mistaral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.
- Ruby: What were you doing there?
- Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's Inn. The place was crawling with low-lifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.
- Yang: What happened?
- Qrow: I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the Inn Keeper's skirt length!
[Yang throw a pillow at Qrow, after that story and also beating her in the video game]
- Game Announcer: Soaring Ninja, Wins. Total Annihilation!
- Yang: You are the worst!
[Qrow and Ruby start to laugh]
- Qrow: Best two out of three?
- Ruby: So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?
- Qrow: Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.
- Yang: Tch, cool for a old guy.
- Qrow: Not funny.
- Weiss: I went to pay for lunch the other day, but my card didn't work.
- Winter: How embarrassing.
- Weiss: I know! Well it was!
Never Miss a Beat [Volume 3, Episode 5]
- Ruby: Penny!
- Penny: Ruby!
[Penny tackles Ruby]
- Ruby: Augh! Why...!
- Ruby: So is she... your friend or...
- Penny: She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.
- Ruby: Oh. So, Weiss.
- Penny: Precisely!
[After Flynt Coal blame Weiss, that her father close his father Dust shop]
- Yang: Hey! Why don't you-
- Neon Katt: Hey! Why don't you... That's what you sound like!
- Yang: Uh...
- Neon Katt: Hey! Where did you get your hair extensions?
- Yang: This is just my normal hair...
- Neon Katt: Ooh! Really?
- Yang: Yeah! Is that a prob-
- Neon Katt: You should try rollerblading sometime. It's suuuper-fun! It probably would take you a while, since you're so, you know..."top-heavy".
- Yang: [Yang looks at her chest] EXCUSE ME?
- Ruby: [Watching in the stands with Blake, quietly] Oh, here we go...
- Neon Katt: [After freezing Yang right leg] Hmm-mmm, Look! Now you're [spanks her butt] "bottom-heavy" too.
- Neon Katt: You should cool-off, get it? Because your angry.
[Yang gets mad and hits the wall, breaking the ice off her arm]
- Flynt Coal: Too bad all that money can't buy you skills!
- Neon Katt: Ooh! Flashy eyes! You know, you're actually look kinda pretty while you're angry.
- Yang: Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!
- Yang: [shouting] Get back here!
- Neon Katt: Look, I'm not saying you should go on a diet, I'm saying you really need to go on a diet!
- Yang: [yelling] THAT'S IT!
- Neon Katt: You're fat!
[After Weiss is eliminated for sacrificing herself to stop Flynt, he survives]
- Neon Katt: You did it, Flynt! Don't worry about her, she's easy! [Whisper] But kind of annoying!
[Yang starts to get angry]
- Port: Ooh, and it looks like Yang is angry! [The ground starts to shake] And you wouldn't like her when she's... upset.
- Yang: YAAAHHHHH!!!!!
[Lava explosion, and Yang eyes turns red]
- Neon Katt: Never miss a beat, never miss a beat, Never... miss a... [Trying not to fall, until she trips on a crack in the floor] ...beat?
[Neon starts to roll to a geyser, leaving an opening for Yang, who blasts her]
- Neon Katt: AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! [The blast explodes, and Neon Katt is eliminated]
[Yang started to breathe for 3 seconds]
- Yang: [After her eyes turn back to normal] Weiss! [Yang rush to Weiss] Weiss! Are you okay?
- Weiss: [Coughs] I may not be singing for a while...
- Yang: You know...I don't think that was proper form.
- Weiss: Oh ha, ha! [coughs]
- Neon Katt: [high pitched] WHAT?! We lost?! We lost?! Team FNKI lost?! That was... That was... AMAZING!! Oh my gosh you guys were super crazy awesome! We should DEFINITELY party together sometimes! Right, Flynt?
- Flynt Coal: That was a gutsy move, Schnee...I dig it.
[Ruby and Blake rush to their teammates]
- Blake: Good job you two!
- Ruby: Yeah!
Fall [Volume 3, Episode 6]
[After Yang defeats Mercury]
- Ruby: Yeah! You did it, sis!
- Blake: Way a go, Yang!
- Yang: Better luck next time.
Beginning of the End [Volume 3, Episode 7]
- Mercury: Oh, Doc! Tell me! Will I ever walk again? [Emerald hits Mercury] Ow! What's your deal?
- Emerald: Ugh, headache. One mind I can handle, but two is a stretch.
[Emerald turns off the TV]
- Mercury: Hey, I was watching that!
- Emerald: Shut up!
- Mercury: Is this how you treat a patient? [Emerald twists a screwdriver on Mercury robotic leg] Ow! Too tight!
- Cinder: Enough. Our Mercury put on a wonderful show. He was quite brave.
- Mercury: These things aren't exactly cheap ya know.
Destiny [Volume 3, Episode 8]
- Nora: You heard the lady! No more moping around! [Changes into a workout attire] We gotta get your butt in shape for the big fight! It could be today! It could be tomorrow! It could be [while lifting 1000 LB weights] the most important fight of your entire life! [Then falls down]
- Pyrrha: Um...
- Ren: Nora's right. [Wearing an apron that says "Please do nothing to the cook"] You can't let your concern for Yang hold you back. You need to focus. You'll be defending the honor of Beacon Academy.
- Pyrrha: Of course. I-
- Ren: [Giving Pyrrha a cup of what appears to be green sludge] This blend of herbs and vegetables is filled with nutrients vital to your body's well being.
- Pyrrha: Oh... that's-
- Ren: Please, there's no need to thank me.
- Nora: Thank you?! Ugh, that looks like slime from a lake-bed!
- Ren: Algae contains numerous spectacular properties. See for yourself.
[Nora starts to drink Ren's special shake, her face turn green]
- Nora: Ugh! [rush to the trash can and vomits, while Pyrrha grins] What is wrong with you?!
- Ren: Me? You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice.
- Nora: We're supposed to help Pyrrha, not poison her!
- Ren: There was absolutely nothing wrong with that.
- Nora: If it looks the same coming up as it does going down, then there's something wrong!
- Qrow: Hey there, fire-cracker.
- Yang: Hey Qrow...
- Qrow: So why'd you do it?
- Yang: You know why.
- Qrow: All I know is that you attacked a helpless kid. So either you're lying, or you're crazy.
- Yang: I'm NOT lying.
- Qrow: Hm, crazy. Got it.
PvP [Volume 3, Episode 9]
- Sun: A Nevermore?!
- Coco: [Lets down her glasses] How'd it get past the Kingdom's defenses?
- Ren: It's wasn't alone.
Battle of Beacon [Volume 3, Episode 10]
[After defeating the Nevermore]
- Pyrrha: Ruby, [Seeing part of Penny shreds] I'm sorry!
- Ruby: Me too... But it wasn't your fault.
- Jaune: She's right! [Jaune bring Pyrrha's weapon to her] Whoever was on the microphone? They're the one that did this! And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else.
Heroes and Monsters [Volume 3, Episode 11]
- Roman: You know the old saying. "If you can't beat'em-" [Ruby open Neo's umbrella, and sends her flying] NEO!
- Ruby: I don't care what you say! We will stop them, and I will stop you! BET ON THAT!
- Ironwood: This area is secure. We need to...
[Qrow looks mad. His sword transforms into a scythe and aiming at Ironwood]
- Ironwood: Qrow! This isn't my doing!
[Qrow charging against Ironwood. Ironwood protects himself, but Qrow attacks a Nevermore behind Ironwood and slices it in half]
- Qrow: Hmph. You idiot. I know you didn't do this.
End of the Beginning [Volume 3, Episode 12]
- Ruby: I'll have a plan.
- Weiss: You always do.
- Pyrrha: Do you believe in destiny?
- Cinder: ...Yes.
[Ruby reaches the top of the tower. She sees Cinder raise her bow and fire an arrow right into Pyrrha's chest. Cinder then puts her hand on Pyrrha, causing her to glow orange and then disintegrate. Ruby's expression turns to shock, then into rage]
- Ruby: PYRRHA!!!!! [As she shouts out, a burst of bright light shoots out of her eyes, which causes the Grimm Dragon to freeze]
- Cinder: WHAT?! [The bright light reaches her, causing her to freeze as well]
- Taiyang: Things are just... kind of a mess.
- Qrow: It's always a mess.
- Ruby: Yang, where are Weiss and Blake?
- Yang: Weiss's father... came for her.
- Ruby: What? What do you mean?
- Yang: No one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell... The last thing people saw was Atlas attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So Weiss's father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone.
- Ruby: What about-
- Yang: And Blake ran! Sun saw her go. After we got to the city... she just... ran!
- Ruby: But... why?
- Yang: I don't know. And I don't care.
- Ruby: There have to be a reason she-
- Yang: No there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen Ruby!
- Jaune: Hey.
- Ruby: Hey Jaune... Haven's a long way to go.
- Jaune: I know. But it's the only lead we have.
- Ruby: And you're sure you wanna come along?
- Ren: The journey will be perilous, and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain.
- Nora: But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it.
The Next Step [Volume 4, Episode 1]
- [Cinder speaks in unintelligible, hoarse whispers to Emerald]
- Dr. Watts: Pathetic. Why'd you even-?
- [The door opens. Watts, Cinder, Hazel, and Tyrian all stand. Salem walks in, and walks to the head of the table]
- Salem: Watts...Do you find such malignancy necessary? [She gestures for them to sit.]
- Dr. Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.
- Salem: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly...killed dear Ozpin. So, I'm curious; to what failures are you referring?
- Dr. Watts: Well, the girl with silver eyes.
- Hazel: Yes. We dealt with her kind before. How's it a novice was able to best one of us?
- Dr. Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should've been effortless.
- Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But, your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment. [Cinder snarls in disappointment] Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place, and meet with our informant in Mistral.
- Dr. Watts: Very good.
- Salem: Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden.
- Tyrian: [Gives a gleeful chuckle] Gladly.
- Salem: And Hazel, I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same way.
- Hazel: As you wish.
- [Cinder raises her hand, and looks at Emerald]
- Emerald: Oh. [Leans in to Cinder. Cinder whispers to her again, and Emerald stands up]
- Salem: Speak, child.
- Emerald: She wants to know..."What about the girl?"
- Dr. Watts: [Scoffs] What about her? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours. [Cinder slams her fist on the table and glares at Watts, who gives a smug grin in response]
- Salem: That's enough. Tyrian?
- Tyrian: Mmm, yes, my lady?
- Salem: Spring can wait. Find the girl that did this to Cinder...[Tyrian gleefully giggles and claps] And bring her to me. [Tyrian frowns in disappointment] Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen...and Haven will be next.
- Nora: I'm just saying, there's more members of JNPR on this team than RWBY. It just makes sense to go with that one!
- Ren: But JNRR isn't a color.
- Nora: [Groans] How can I be more clear?! [Holds her hand up, and an image of JNRR appears] One, two, three! That's more than one!
- Ren: But, we're helping Ruby with her objective. [Holds his hand up, and an image of RNJR appears] Wouldn't that make her the leader?
- Jaune: [On lookout] Guys, we need to focus...Also, JNRR is way cooler.
- Nora: EXACTLY!
- [The Grimm Geist, after losing an arm, gets a new one made of a tree]
- Jaune: His arm is the tree. His arm is the tree!
- Ruby: Big mistake! [Loads Crescent Rose with fire ammunition. She fires at the arm, hitting it. Jaune pumps his fist, then sees the tree is now on fire]
- Jaune: BIG MISTAKE! [The Geist now swings the flaming tree at Jaune]
- [Blacksmith finishes creating Jaune new armor]
- Blacksmith: There you go, son! It's gonna be heavier than you're used to... But you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws!
- Jaune: Wow... I... I don't know what to say.
- Blacksmith: Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest.
- Nora: So, what are you waiting for?!
- Jaune: Oh...! Right! [Removing his old armor] Guess I was... Gonna grow out of it eventually...
- Ren: A sign of progress.
- Jaune: Progress. [Jaune turns around]
- Ruby: [Gasp!] [Snickering]
- Jaune: Whuh... What is it?
- Ruby: [Pointing at Jaune's hoodie] What is THAT?
- Jaune: [Jaune's hoodie has a picture of a bunny on it] What, my hoodie? I've always had this!
- Ruby: [Again snickering] IT GOT A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY RABBIT! [Starting to laugh]
- Jaune: It's Pumpkin Pete! Y'know from the cereal?
- Ruby: [Continue to laugh] What did you do?! Send in a boxtop for a prize?!
- Jaune: Yeah! 50!
[Ruby, after a pause, laughs even louder, before falling over.]
- Ruby: Ah... Ha-ha-ha... Heh...
- Ren: Well... I suppose we don't have to grow out of everything.
Remembrance [Volume 4, Chapter 2]
- Ruby: So, the next town is... [continues looking at the map] Uh-huh! Uh-huh... [stops looking at the map] We're lost.
- Jaune: We're not lost! The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time.
- Ruby: Oh, yeah! Don't you have, like four sisters?
- Jaune: Uh, seven.
- Nora: Y'know, that actually explain a lot.
- Jaune: Wait, what do you mean--
- Ruby: SO, what did you guys do there?
- Jaune: OH! All sorts of stuff! Over here is a great hiking trail, and over here is where we went to camping all the time! I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sisters would stop braiding my hair.
- Ruby: Didn't like the look?
- Jaune: Yeah, they just keep doing pigtails, but personally I think I'm more of a "Warrior's Wolf Tail" kind of guy.
- Ruby: That's just a ponytail.
- Jaune: I stand by what I said.
Of Runaways and Stowaways [Volume 4, Chapter 3]
- [Blake tries to defend the ship from a Grimm sea monster. A cloaked figure suddenly rushes past her and leaps at the monster. The cloak flies off, revealing...]
- Blake: SUN?!
- Sun: [Uses his Semblance to help grab the monster's head, as he tries to corral it, keeping the monster from firing on the ship] Not today, pal!
- Blake: What are you doing?!
- Sun: [As the monster starts flying in random directions, trying to throw him off] Oh, just...you know...hanging out! [The monster finally throws him off. As Sun starts to fall, Blake swings herself off the ship and catches him, landing on a small island, holding Sun in her arms] My hero.
- Blake: You're not supposed to be here!
- Sun: Yeah? Well, it looks like you need all the help you can get.
- Blake: UGH! [Drops Sun unceremoniously] Just shut up and fight!
- Sun: [After the Grimm monster is defeated, some Faunus passengers thank him] Seriously, it was no big deal. Just enjoy the rest of your trip, and everything will be cool. We got this! [Turns back to Blake] You'd think they've never seen a fight before.
- Blake: What are you even doing here, Sun?
- Sun: Digging the new outfit, by the way. [Points to her cat ears] Never did like the bow.
- Blake: [Slaps Sun's hand away] SUN!
- Sun: Jeez.
- Blake: Have you been following me?!
- Sun: [Sighs] I saw you run off. The night Beacon Tower fell. Once we landed in Vale, you made sure everyone was okay, then you just took off, without saying anything.
- Blake: I had to. You wouldn't understand.
- Sun: No, I get it. The moment you left, I knew exactly what you were doing: You're going on a one-woman rampage against the White Fang!
- Blake: ...WHAT?
- Sun: You always felt like the Fang was your fight. They show up, trash your school, hurt your friends; it makes perfect sense.
- Blake: I can't believe you.
- Sun: So, there's no way I'm letting you do this alone! It's an honorable approach for sure, but you're going to need someone watching your back, and that's where I come in! Us Faunus got to stick together, after all.
- Blake: [Shoves Sun away] You're wrong, Sun. You're so, so wrong.
- Sun: What do you-?
- Blake: I'm not going anywhere near the White Fang. Not yet.
- Sun: Seriously?
- Blake: I need to sort some things out.
- Sun: Then, why not do it with your team, your friends?
- Blake: You're one to talk! Assuming Neptune, Sage, and Scarlet aren't hiding below deck.
- Sun: You really think I can get Neptune on the ocean?
- Salem: Cinder, I'm going to ask you this just one more time, and I expect a clear answer. Did you...kill...Ozpin? [Cinder starts to raise her hand for Emerald] NO! I want to hear you say it.
- Cinder: [Gives a rasping inhale, then, with great effort] ...Yes.
- Salem: [After a pause, turns to the Grimm orb floating next to her] Reinforce our forces at Beacon. The relic is there. [After the orb leaves, she ponders to herself] What are you planning?
Family [Volume 4, Episode 4]
- Taiyang: Adult or not, you still have a long way to go before you're ready for the real world.
- Yang: [Annoyed] Oh my gosh, does every father figure just have the same three condescending phrases?
- Taiyang: Yeah, but we only use them when we mean it!
- Prof. Port: Fear is like any other emotion; it comes and goes. It's all in how we handle it. Why, even I wrestle with that emotion from time to time.
- Yang: Really? You?
- Dr. Oobleck: [Aside to Yang] He's afraid of mice.
- Prof. Port: THEY ONLY BRING DISEASE AND FAMINE! [Yang starts quietly laughing] And don't even get me started on their tail! So hairless, it's simply unnatural!
- Raven: Hello, brother.
- Qrow: ...Raven. [Goes to the table she's sitting at. He gives her a look, and after a pause, Raven pulls her mask aside, allowing him to sit with his drink.] So, what do you want?
- Raven: A girl can't just catch up with her family?
- Qrow: She can, but you're not. Now, how about we get on with it? [Takes a sip of his drink] Unless you plan on keeping these coming.
- Raven: Does she have it?
- Qrow: ...Did you know Yang lost her arm?
- Raven: That's not-
- Qrow: Rhetorical question, I know you know. It's just obnoxious that you bring up family, then just carry on like your own daughter doesn't exist.
- Raven: I saved her!
- Qrow: Once, because that was your rule, right? Real "Mom of the Year" material, sis.