Mr. Sunshine (2011) was an American comedy television series, airing on ABC. The show starred Matthew Perry stars as Ben Donovan, the self-involved manager of a second-rate San Diego sports arena who begins to re-evaluate his life on his 40th birthday.
- [small child approaches Ben in the sky box]
- Boy: Excuse me, are you one of the players?
- Ben: Oh no, my job's much better big guy! You know what I do, is I'm in charge of this entire arena. Every night, 17,505 people come here expecting to have a good time, and I make sure they do!
- Boy: [with the same enthusiasm as before] Are you one of the players?
- Ben: [taken aback] What? I just tol...what the hell's the matter with you?
- Crystal: Now Alonzo, make sure you have a good mix of kids for the photo op. You know, black, white...the Himalayas are in Asia, right?
- Alonzo: [nods] Mmm-hmm.
- Crystal: Get me an Asian kid. Oh! And I'm gonna need some kind of a trophy. Have the Asian child hand me some kind of a trophy! [claps]
- Ben: You're right to clap, because these are all very strong ideas.
Employee of the Year [1.02]Edit
Heather's Sister [1.03]Edit
Hostile Workplace [1.04]Edit
Crystal on Ice [1.05]Edit
- [display on sign outside The Sunshine Center]
- TONIGHT!! SMURFS ON ICE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. NEXT WEEK: PORN! MEET ADULT FILM STARS!!
- [Ben walks into his office and finds Alice waiting for him]
- Alice: There you are. Hey, I'm having a little....
- Ben: [cuts her off] I can't pretend to listen to your problems right now, we have to talk about me!
- Alice: What's wrong??
- Ben: I'll tell you what's wrong! Something's happening to me! Roman, is very sad about his mother, and that makes me sad. Crystal, is very very upset about a little blue person, and that makes me upset. It's just occurring to me now, I'm actually curious, how your night went with Alonzo! What the hell's happening to me?
- Alice: You're becoming an actual human being.
- Ben: Well I don't like it! (storms out in a huff)
Lingerie Football [1.06]Edit
- Roman: Hey, how do you just talk to a woman like that?
- Ben: Well first of all, it helps to use actual words.
- Roman: Yeah, I wish I could tell Heather how I feel. I just get so scared.
- Ben: That's a healthy fear Roman, she's tried to kill people.
- Roman: [giggles] She's layered. She is just so layered!
- [Ben is helping Crystal go over her taxes]
- Ben: Here's a big ticket item that has me a little confused. In 1997, you purchased Ecuador?
- Crystal: [filing her nails] It's a long story. I briefly dated a man named Marcos. Put it under travel.
Celebrity Tennis [1.07]Edit
The Assistant [1.08]Edit
Ben and Vivian [1.09Edit
Vivien: Hey, Ben, I just wanted to let you know that if I were a zombie, you could shoot me in the head. Ben Donovan: Oh, ok. And if you weren't a zombie?
- Vivien: Then please don't.