King of New York
1990 film by Abel Ferrara
King of New York is a 1990 film about a former drug lord who returns from prison determined to wipe out all his competition and distribute the profits of his operations to New York's poor and lower classes.
Not everyone who runs a city is elected. (taglines)
- From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.
- You think ambushing me in some nightclub's gonna stop what makes people take drugs? This country spends $100 billion a year on getting high, and it's not because of me. All that time I was wasting in jail, it just got worse. I'm not your problem. I'm just a businessman.
- Frank White: How's the family?
- Pete Hamill: Better then when you left. They're all working. My son is back from college. What about you?
- Frank White: Back from the dead!
- Ariane: What can we expect from the "reformed" Frank White?
- Frank White: I'm gonna run for mayor!
- Frank White: When the D.A's office investigated the sudden death of Arty Clay, they found that he left a $13 million estate. How do you explain that? There there's Larry Wong, who owned half of Chinatown when he passed away. Larry used to rent his tenements to Asian refuges, his own people, for $800 a month to share a single toilet on the same floor. How 'bout King Tito? He had thirteen-year-old girls hooking for him on the street. Those guys are dead because I don't want to make money that way. Emil Zappa, the Mata brothers, they're dead because they were running this city into the ground.
- Roy Bishop: You expected to get away with killing all these people?
- Frank White: I spent half my life in prison. I never got away with anything, and I never killed anybody that didn't deserve it.
- Roy Bishop: Who made you judge and jury?
- Frank White: Well, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
- Jump: Yo, congratulations, Frank. Congratulations, man. Them Columbian motherfuckers, they took permanent vacation in hell, if you know what I mean.
- Frank White: Well, I must've been away too long because my feelings are dead. I feel no remorse.
- Jump: I wanna know who I'm selling drugs to, you know what I mean?
- Joey Dalesio: You don't sell drugs, my brother. You shoot people.
- Jump: Yo, I'm unemployed. Ain't nobody left.
- Jump: He's a fucking glitter-boy! He's looking to get sprayed, laid, played, and slayed. You know what I'm saying?
- Frank White: I heard that.
- Dennis Gilley: I heard a rumor about you.
- Frank White: What's that?
- Dennis Gilley: I heard you got AIDS getting dicked up your ass in prison. That's what I heard.
- Frank White: I thought about you every time I jerked off, dickhead.
- Frank White: How come you never came to see me?
- Jump: Who wanted to see you in a cage, man?
- Jennifer: I thought people like you didn't believe in the legal process.
- Frank White: I thought people like me were the legal process.
- Not everyone who runs a city is elected.
- Where "Scarface" left off... "King of New York" begins.
- The cops tried to stop him their way...Now they'll have to do it HIS way.
- Christopher Walken - Frank White
- Laurence Fishburne - Jimmy Jump
- David Caruso - Dennis Gilley
- Victor Argo - Roy Bishop
- Janet Julian - Jennifer
- Wesley Snipes - Thomas Flanigan
- Steve Buscemi - Test Tube
- Paul Calderón - Joey Dalesio
- Giancarlo Esposito - Lance
- Theresa Randle - Raye
- Frank Adonis - Paul Calgari
- Harold Perrineau - Subway Mugger