Housesitter is a 1992 romantic comedy film directed by Frank Oz, written by Mark Stein and starring Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn. The premise involves a woman with con-artist tendencies who worms her way into the life of a reserved architect by claiming to be his wife.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Moseby: What kind of work are you in, Bernie?
- Ralph: I'm retired.
- Moseby: Oh? From what?
- Ralph: From all the big hairy bullshit.
- Gwen: I don't want your money. I will take the furniture, though.
- Gwen: I don't want your goddamn money.
- Newton: No, just my goddman house.
- Newton: Wow! You're a genius. You're like the Ernest Hemingway of bullshit.
- Newton: What do you say, Gwen? "Gwen" do you get off... and "gwhere" can we "gwo"?
- Newton: I love you, Gwen.
- Gwen: Actually, it's Jessica.
- Steve Martin as Newton Davis
- Goldie Hawn as Gwen Duncle/Buckley/Phillips
- Dana Delany as Becky Metcalf
- Julie Harris as Edna Davis
- Donald Moffat as George Davis
- Peter MacNicol as Marty
- Richard B. Schull as Ralph/Bernie Duncle
- Ken Cheeseman as Harv
- Laurel Cronin as Mary / Mary Duncle
- Roy Cooper as Winston Moseby
- Christopher Durang as Reverend Lipton