Friday the 13th
day in which the 13th of a month is on a Friday
(Redirected from Friday the thirteenth)
- It's Friday the 13th. my favorite holiday. Keep it weird.
- He was surrounded to the last by admiring friends; and if it be true that, like so many Italians, he regarded Fridays as an unlucky day and thirteen as an unlucky number, it is remarkable that on Friday 13th of November he passed away.
- Henry Sutherland Edwards, The Life of Rossini (1869), p. 340; speaking of Gioachino Rossini.
- Robert Langdon: By the 1300s, the Templars had grown too powerful. Too threatening. So the Vatican issued secret orders to be opened simultaneously all across Europe. The Pope had declared the Knights Templar Satan worshipers and said God had charged him with cleansing the earth of these heretics. The plan went off like clockwork. The Templars were all but exterminated. The date was October 13th, 1307. A Friday.
Sophie Neveu: Friday the 13th...
- Margaret: You all know what day this is. Friday the 13th.
Frank: She's right, and--nah, doesn't mean a thing.
Hawkeye: Don't say that, Frank. I once spent Friday the 13th in a haunted house with a friend. I was never more frightened in my life.
Potter: You see a ghost?
Hawkeye: No, her husband materialized out of nowhere.
- Tyler: Yeah. Don't look at October! But look at tomorrow's date! It's Friday the 13th! The unluckiest date of all! If you walk under a ladder or past a black cat, terrible things will happen!
George: Oh, come on Tyler! Ladders and black cats! What else do we avoid on this Friday the 13th?
Tyler: Well, if you spill salt, you should always throw a bit over your shoulder!
Janet: Don't put new shoes on the table, avoid walking on the cracks in the pavement, that sort of thing.
Tyler: Don't make woodland animals out of marzipan.
Tyler: Don't dance on linoleum, don't throw hedge clippings at sparrows, don't whistle within six foot of a carpet warehouse, and at all costs whatever else happens, don't play the trombone on a bus.
Cassie: I told you to hide!
- Ruby: Hmm, odd. Today is Friday, maybe it's not just any Friday.
Misery: That doesn't explain why I'm suddenly Mother Nature's new best friend.
(Ruby looks at the calendar, July 13 is circled.)
Ruby: I was right. Today is Friday the 13th.
Misety: Wait. I remember my nanna telling me a story about this date.
(Misery is remembering the story 'till the end)
Ruby: I get it. Bad luck is normal for you, Misery. So Friday the 13th is actually a good luck day for you.
Poe: Plus, the full Moon has been out all day. Perhaps that magnifies the effect.
(The Moon blinks)
Ruby: It's a chance for you to experience a whole new side of life, Misery. One that isn't fraught with disaster.
(Poe screams before dodging a falling furniture)
Ruby: The rest of us will just haave to stand on our toes.
- Sarah Gadon, Emily Hampshire, and Adrian Truss, Ruby Gloom, "Disaster Becomes You" (May 18, 2008).