The Bedford Diaries(Redirected from Bedford Diaries)
The Bedford Diaries (2006–) is a television drama series that explores the excitement and intensity of New York City college life through the eyes of six students with different backgrounds, experiences and ages, who are brought together in a provocative Human Behavior and Sexuality seminar.
I'm Gonna Love College (Pilot) [1.1]Edit
- Sarah: What would I change about my sexual past? I'd change my own head. I'd admit that I'm angry, that I'm wounded, that my heart was broken. Seems like we're so busy hooking up, sexually networking, making connections. Does sex even mean anything anymore? I guess I thought if I didn't take sex seriously, I could some how avoid being affected by it. If sex doesn't have anything to do with intimacy and I don't feel anything... somehow I'll be stronger. But that's not true. Opening yourself up, even if it means your heart and soul are crushed. That's what makes you stronger. That's what gives you the power to move on, put the past behind you. To get out there, and get your heart stomped on all over again.
- Richard: When did it hit you that what you were feeling was love?
- Sarah: When did it? [pauses to think] That's a pretty serious question.
- Richard: I'm a journalist. It's what we do.
- Sarah: You are a son of a bitch!
- Richard: That's not fair, you've never met my mother. She's quite lovely.
- Richard: I never said I wouldn't print the article.
- Sarah: You said "not to worry".
- Richard: What I meant was "I wasn't going to publish your name".
- Sarah: What!? In your twisted mind, you think that makes you a gentlemen?!
- Richard: You are completely bipolar. Last night, you sidled up to me, and said I can print anything I want.
- Sarah: Did you do this to bait me?
- Richard: What?! You think I stay up night, thinking of ways to get you into my office?! [he thinks, and looks at her] Wait a minute, maybe I do!
The Truth About Sex [1.2]Edit
- Zoey: Art is life.
- Lee: Life is art.
Tell Me No Secrets [1.3]Edit
- Jake: Last week we discussed the definition of sexual misconduct. This week, let's talk about responsibility. Whoever you had for sixth grade health, Ms. Franklin, Sister Peter Marie...
Zen and the Art of Manipulation [1.4]Edit
- Prof. Bonatelle: [about Katrina and Richard] What if they just like each other?
- Prof. Macklin: Like each other? [pause] I can see him liking her, but her liking him?
- Prof. Bonatelle: She liked you too - once upon a time.
Love and the Tenth Planet [1.5]Edit
- Owen: I think I made love for the first time in my life. I realized what was happening...the sex, the feelings... they were different from everything else I had experienced. There are things that you can't say, that you have to show...physically. I don't know how to call it. Some kind of physicall emotion. But you both have to be talking. Simultaneously, physically. And when you do you find that you're saying the same things. That is amazing.
- Gunther: How'd you learn to edit?
- Zoe: Strunk & White Elements of Style. At first I thought it was a book about fashion, but I found I have a passion for punctuation.
- Gunther: Zoe.
- Zoe: Yes, Gunther?
- Gunther: Stop with the flirting. I'm gay.
- Sarah: Are you even listening to me? Owen: Yeah, it's the only time I'll ever get to go to college... Sarah: Don't just repeat back what I say to you. Owen: Don't just repeat back what I say to you? Sarah: Owen, stop.
- Owen: I will. For a hundred dollars.
The Passion of the Beaver [1.6]Edit
- Mr. Thorne: You know you should grab your girl and get the hell out of here. You two haven't spend any time together at all.
- Richard: You know she's networking, it's fine.
- Mr. Thorne: It doesn't look to be your style to be the wall flower.
- Owen: [to Sara] You only want to help people, when they can do something for you. I know, you're such a great politician. [pause] Well you're a lousy sister! And a not to great human being.
- Richard: Passion is pain, passion is pain.
- Katrina: I used you!
- Richard: For sex? Because I'm alright with that.
Risky Business [1.7]Edit
- Richard: Do you lack compassion for other people? Maybe. But you definitely lack compassion for yourself.
- Jake: This week's video diary assignment: how much are you willing to risk in order to get what you want.
- Owen: Well, I hope I'm not being un-PC or a little too OC to ask this, but did Richard Thorne spend the night last night?
Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder [1.8]Edit
- Professor Cole: I read your paper. It's good. Well-written, impeccably researched. Lee: I'm glad you liked it.
- Professor Cole: Indeed I did. In fact, I've enjoyed this paper every time I've read it. Which according to my computer cheat check is three times before.
- Zoe: Don't hire Cynthia back. Gunther: Reason: sanity. Logic: from the mouths of proofreaders. :Richard: Why not? Zoe: Because I wrote this column.
- Richard: You? How long did it take you to write this?
- Zoe: About an hour. Richard: You're hired. Gunther, get her a desk. Gunther: She already has a desk. Richard: Get her a chair, get her something. I want this woman working on her next column now.
- Zoe: Gunther, I don't want this job. Gunther: Fine. You tell Richard.
- Matthew Modine - Professor Jake Macklin
- Penn Badgley - Owen Gregory
- Victoria Cartagena - Zoe Lopez
- Tiffany Dupont - Sarah Gregory
- Corri English - Natalie Dykstra
- Audra McDonald - Professor Carla Bonatelle
- Darien Sills-Evans - Aaron Evans
- Milo Ventimiglia - Richard Thorne
- Ernest Waddell - Lee Hemmingway
- Aaron Yoo - James Fong
- Scott Porter - Jason Miller
- Jason Jurman - Peter Wortman