Wolf's Rain (ウルフズレイン Urufuzu Rein) is an anime series created by writer and story editor Keiko Nobumoto and produced by Bones Studio.
- There is no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing at all. No matter how far you walk, it's just the same road, it just goes on and on. But in spite of that...Why am I so driven to find it?
- Why? Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings? We'll run on our own legs.
- Dying or getting killed isn't something unnatural. Living aimlessly without a purpose is.
- No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you.
- Everyone's gonna die. It's a natural part of life. But if life has no purpose, you're dead already.
- Even if Hell is what we're headed towards. You people may not have made it to Paradise. But there is no doubt... that we will.
- The world where you will go hand in hand with the Flower Maiden has neither perfect happiness, nor joy, nor life. This is because it also does not contain perfect sadness, nor misery, nor death. What lies in waiting is a paradise for wolves alone, the unclean humans are no more... Come with me; it is time.
- I tell you now the words of Red Moon: From the Great Spirit was born the Wolf and Man became its messenger. The Beast lives his life in silence, abiding where the blessing of the blood of the gods is bestowed upon him. The White Flower, after winning the favor of the lord of the night, will share her scent, preordained and eternal in countenance is of a lily white supple maiden. She distills and condenses all of time, until it becomes a precious frozen mass. Only then will appear the wretched beast.
- I just realized. It’s not simply that we have a desire for paradise... Paradise is calling us...
We would not have met, and the flowers will protect you. Kiba, because you protected this one, the flowers will return and bloom once more. So when the world is reborn, and Paradise opens, we will meet again. This one will be waiting for you. Find this one. And this time, the Paradise you hoped for will be...
- (To Hubb Lebowski): You think that something is playing games with you. You think you're the only one being kept out of the loop? But you're wrong. All you're doing is watching the scenery go by.
- When are we born? When do we die? Why are we born? Why do we die? The world has been destroyed and we've fallen countless times, always resurrecting from the ashes as Paradise. It has happened before, and it will happen again. An endless cycle of life and death. The world is a Paradise that was opened by someone, but this era too is almost at an end. We have acquired the means to exceed our natural span of life, never suspecting that the world itself was finalized in its existence. This knowledge has left me in despair, my fate has fallen and scattered like the petals of a dying flower, like the blast from a sand storm it has been warn down and weathered away. As if to be purified, the world will be encased in ice so that it can return to the beginning once more. Paradise is a world that is opened by someone...
- Quent Yaiden: Always helps to have a friend around when you're crossing the mountains. You never know what you'll run into. Like bears - or wolves.
- Bartender: Wolves, huh? Now there's something I haven't heard for a long time. Not since my grandpa was alive. He said that when the world comes to an end, Paradise will finally be opened. The only problem is, only wolves will be able to find it. Who knows? Maybe the world is coming to an end right now.
- Quent Yaiden: Wolves are only servants of death! Don't you believe all that Pagan garbage!
- Bartender: Relax, old man. Wolves have been extinct for over two hundred years. It's just a children's fairy tale.
- Quent Yaiden: The thing about fairy tales is . . . there's always some truth in 'em.
- Tsume: That was quite a stunt you pulled back there.
- Kiba: I was protecting myself, that's all.
- Tsume: You shouldn't be so quick to kill.
- Kiba: What's wrong with killing?
- Tsume: I don't know what mountain you came down from, but you're in the city now. There are rules here.
- Kiba:: Rules? Is running around with a pack of idiots one of the rules?
- Tsume: I'm only usin' them.
- Kiba: Your rules stink like this city! What's the point of living if it means throwing away your pride?
- Tsume: You've got a big mouth for someone half-dead.
- Hige: [talking to Kiba, who is being held in a cage] Man, you really screwed up. I mean, I've seen one of us get hurt before, but never this badly. And you're caught, too.
- Kiba: I can get out of here whenever I feel like it.
- Hige: Uh-huh. So, then, why are you in there?
- Kiba: I just needed a place to rest for a while, that's all.
- Hige: I'm Hige. It's nice to meetcha.
- Kiba: So, why are you in here, anyways?
- Hige: No reason. It smelled like something interesting was going to happen, and I just followed my nose, you know? Besides, I've got nowhere else to go.
- Kiba: That's not your true form. Why do you hide yourself?
- Hige: So that I don't end up where you are. These people are terrified of us, so, you know, if we look like them, they pretty much leave us alone.
- Kiba: You're lying to yourself, just so you can live a miserable life and die a miserable death in this city?
- Hige: You gotta do what you can to survive. Keep looking like that, and you'll be back here in no time at all. It draws too much attention.
- Kiba: Have you give up your pride as a wolf?
- Hige: You're a strange one, all right. But having pride doesn't count for much if you're dead, you know?
- Hige: [to Kiba] That hot dog must of fried your brain!