- ...no one believes an hypothesis except its originator but everyone believes an experiment except the experimenter.
- The Art of Scientific Investigation (1950), p. 65
- When adults first become conscious of something new, they usually either attack or try to escape from it... Attack includes such mild forms as ridicule, and escape includes merely putting out of mind.
- Many discoveries must have been stillborn or smothered at birth. We know only those which survived.
Last modified on 25 October 2013, at 12:22
- Careful and correct use of language is a powerful aid to straight thinking, for putting into words precisely what we mean necessitates getting our ownminds quite clear on what we mean.