I have some questions about adding languages:
- Do we host the new Wiki or does it reside here?
- Will each page have a link to the different languages for comparison, or will one use different-language Wikis?
- Is there a way to change the English prompts to the translated language?
www.wikiquote.org currently redirects to en.wikiquote.org. It should redirect to wikiquote.org. - Hephaestos 00:32, 16 Jul 2004 (UTC)
I have a proposal ; would we change this page to an introduction into other language Wikiquotes? Today all language subdomains are reserved and prepared to be started, so I suppose there is no necessity to keep this list. I would like to put an equivalent of ja:Wikiquote:多言語プロジェクトとしてのウィキクォート (list of all wikiquotes, in Japanese). Or I miss some points? --Aphaia 06:30, 1 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- I see you're one step ahead of me, Aphaia. :) Yes, I also feel this list has served it's purpose and should be replaced with a comprehensive list of all Wikiquote projects (along with their article count maybe). --TOR 15:37, 3 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Changing criteria of "active project"Edit
I found our list is a bit outdated; it's based on the situation of last year. Before updating it, I propose to change the criteria of "active project"; now it says "having at least one article", supposedly except main page. My proposal is to replace "one article" criterila with 10 articles. If a project is active, there we may expect a continous activities, not an article created before a year or more, and there we may find several articles - not only one as result of such activities. Opinions? --Aphaia 04:30, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- Switched to a new criteria "projects with more than 100 articles", so in the newer definition we have 32 active projects (not so different, ne?) --Aphaia 00:34, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
originally posted to WQ:VP
Request for recreating french wikiquoteEdit
Some wikimedians agree to reactivate french wikiquote on meta.
So, I've done a resquest for reactivating french wikiquote on meta and on bugzilla. Since the deleting of french project in april 2006, more quote are in french on english wikiquote without translation.
It would be usefull to support this request on bugzilla or on meta. What do you think of that. ? --Bertrand GRONDIN 10:53, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- The proposal sound reasonable. BTW, where in English WQ we have untranslated French language quotes? The Category:Pages needing translation currently only has two articles with French text. jni 11:22, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Personally, much as I'd like to support reactivating fr:WQ, I don't feel we here at en:WQ have the moral authority for this. We have our own serious problems with copyright infringement that have caused Wikimedia éminences grises Jimbo Wales and Danny to eviscerate articles and post stern warnings as recently as a couple of weeks ago. We need to get our own house in order first. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 15:26, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- If I can to help you... with my primary english :-) --Bertrand GRONDIN 20:06, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
Anthere will submit our request to reactivate the french wikiquote next wednesday on the next Board Council. We hope to have it for few weeks. All the database was destroyed for copyvio. --Bertrand GRONDIN 20:08, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
French Wikiquote reopenedEdit
Good news. Our French collegues are now back to their home. Wikiquote francophone was reopened at the early of this month. Already some of them came here to fix interlang links. (Now their VP is named Le Salon, altered from the former "Le Bistro").
One new interest is their charter and rigid citing policy. Since copyvio and legal threat from the external was the direct reason their shutdown, they are very sensitive in this sphere. Their content is growing slowly ... but all quotes seems properly cited. In other words "unsourced" quotes will have no place there. At least currently it seems so.
Anyway, it is good to have neighbours again, and it is also good news for us all in my opinion. It means Wikiquote is steadily in progress. --Aphaia 15:31, 6 December 2006 (UTC)