- Ike, Sr.: Hey, Anna Mae. Where you going? I need to get some sleep!
- Tina: Go straight to hell, Ike!
- Ike, Sr.: Eat the cake, Anna Mae.
- Tina: I'm ready. I'm ready and I know what I want.
- Ike, Sr.: Now, you listen to me. I MADE you. You were nothing before you met me, and you'll be nothing without me.
- Grandma Georgiana: Your mama had to go away for a while.
- Young Anna Mae: When is she coming back to get me?
- Grandma Georgiana: She ain't, honey. She just ain't.
- Jackie: [to Anna Mae] Lorraine was Ike's last gig. He's always booking ahead. Now, you watch yourself.
- Zelma: Now, Anne Mae. I know I wasn't around. But believe me, you were too young to know what was going on with your daddy and me.
- Tina: Did Alline understand? She ain't that much older than me.
- Zelma: Now, don't think you're going to come live in my house and make me feel bad.
- Judge: I want you to be very sure about this. This means you're going to walk out of here with absolutely nothing.
- Tina: Except my name. I'll give up all that other stuff, but only if I get to keep my name. I've worked too hard for it, your honor.
- Ike, Sr.: The name is mine. The name got my daddy's blood on it. If she want to go, she can go wherever she want to go, but the name stays home!
Last modified on 15 January 2011, at 23:16