Waterloo Road (2006–) is a BBC television drama series set in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England about a troubled comprehensive school. It focuses on its teachers and students, and confronts social issues, including affairs, abortion, divorce and suicide.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Jack: You say you're up for a challenge, almost all of our kids leave school with an ASBO or a bun in the oven.
- Lorna: Settle down (Slams books down on desk) I SAID SETTLE DOWN!
- Chlo: Are you trying to take advantage of me cause I'm drunk.
- Tom: Izzy, I thought you quit the fags.
- Izzy: Yeah, well, I lied didn't i?
- Tom: What's up?
- Izzy: Just the usual
- Andrew: It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Kim: That takes us up to five mums to be. We could start our own antenatal classes.
- Jack: Kids, eh? They turn everything on its head, don't they? You give them a system and their first instinct is to cheat it.
- Mika: Chlo,you heard the news, Danielle just told me Holly's woken up, She's out of the coma she's going to live.
- Chlo: That's brilliant. I mean it.
- Mika: Course you mean it. Right, See ya later then.
- Chlo: Yeah, See ya.
- Mika: Chlo, Are you bunking off?
- Chlo: There's nothing to bunk off from is there?
(They both walk outside)
- Chlo: I'm going to see holly if you must know.
- Mika: What in hospital?
- Chlo: Mika, I have to know what she can remember, I can't wait untill the court case. It's driving me mad.
- Mika: What you so worried about, She's gonna tell the truth about what happened.
- Chlo: Yeah, I know but... What if she can't remember anything, then it's just my word against donte's
- Mika: Well, Do you want me to come with ya?
- Chlo: No, no i'll be fine. Just cover for me will ya?
Andrew Treneman: I can't believe I turned Lorna's memorial service into a bloody university debate! Kim Campbell: Wasn't really much of a debate, Andrew Andrew Treneman: No, I suppose not. Kim Campbell: Do you know it was though? Andrew Treneman: What? Kim Campbell: It was amazing
- Kim and Andrew kiss*
Maxine Barlow: "I love ya.
- Rachel Mason: Oh good morning!
- Eddie Lawson: Can I have a word?
- Rachel Mason: You can go mad and have several, if you like. Come on!
[Eddie follows Rachel into her office]
- Rachel Mason: What is it?
- Eddie Lawson: I don't want to worry or panic you, ok...
- Rachel Mason: Oh! I knew this day was too good to be true, you're going to spoil it, aren't you?
- Eddie Lawson: What?
- Rachel Mason: I know its as rare as hens teeth but you are looking at a happy headmistress.
- Eddie Lawson: Why so happy?
- Rachel Mason: Well, erm... its the end of term and er... we're going to thrash Forest Mount at the spelling bee and the football and you what? I think this school is finally working out! And! This is the first morning that I've come in and not been greated by doom, disaster and destruction. So what is it?
- Eddie Lawson: You know what? I can wait.
- Rachel Mason: No, no, no, no, no, tell me, what is it?
- Eddie Lawson: What are you doing tonight?
- Rachel Mason: Er, tonight? I don't know, why?
- Eddie Lawson: Its the end of term I thought... I could take you out and celebrate.
- Rachel Mason: Thats really nice of you to ask, erm...
- Eddie Lawson: Yeah just... I thought it'd be nice to talk, you know? Away from this place.
- Rachel Mason: Yeah, what about?
- Eddie Lawson: Everything? Have a drink.
- Rachel Mason: I would love to, thank you [giggles]
- Eddie Lawson: Good. Right. About 8 o'clock?
- Rachel Mason: Fine by me
- Eddie Lawson: Good. [turns to leave but remembers something else] Er... I need to see the budget for the PE department.
- Rachel Mason: Ah, ah. I've got that... somewhere [walks to the filing cabinets and routes for paperwork whilst Eddie takes the letter from Hordley from the pile on her desk] Here we go
- Eddie Lawson: Great. 8 o'clock?
- Rachel Mason: [nods] Yeah!
- Rachel Mason: Eddie what do you think? Formal at the table or informal on the sofas?
- Eddie Lawson: Er, I'm sorry, what is it your asking me?
- Ralph Mellor: Coming to something when we've got to protect our kids like this
- Rachel Mason: Not a lot I can do about that, Ralph
- Ralph Mellor: You're right. Just got to be careful who we let in next time
- Clarence Charles: Donte! Chlo!
- Donte Charles: I don't believe it, he's wearing a tie. You are on the pull
- Clarence Charles: I am not on the pull... but you never know
- Security Dave: Nasty things, guns, I'm just trying to keep everybody safe
- Steph Haydock: Yes but I'm hardly likely to have a Uzo machine gun in there, am I?
- Melissa Ryan: First things first, my name is Melissa. You can call me that, or Mel or whatever you feel comfortable with, just not Ms. Ryan please, it makes me sound like a lesbian dominatrix
- Rose Kelly: Guess what my password is?
- Clarence Charles: Yeah, go on...
- Rose Kelly: Rose1
- Clarence Charles: Rose1?
- Rose Kelly: [laughs] They'll have a job cracking that!
- Steph Haydock: Me and Grantly are, well, a bit of an item.
- Fleur Budgen: You've ruined my life!
- Rob Cleaver: I'm no Fred Flinstone; but I can make your bed rock!
- Rose Kelly: Are you taking the piss?
Rachel Mason: "It's Philip! Apparently he's got a better offer. Some gig or something." Eddie Lawson: "Bloody cheek!So much for our night of quality time!" Rachel Mason: "Ok, so it's one on one. And I'm gonna whip your butt!" Eddie Lawson: "ooh! I'd forgotten how competitive you are. I thought it was the taking part that counts?" Rachel Mason: "I'll leave that one for the kids Mr Lawson. Tonight,victory will be mine!" Eddie Lawson: "Mmm...we'll see."
Eddie Lawson: *Bowling ball misses all the pins* Rachel Mason: *laughing* Eddie Lawson: I wanted to go for dinner! No she says, lets go bowling. Phil loves bowling! Well, where's he now! Rachel Mason: "He's out having a good time with his friends while I thrash you! You're rubbish! Eddie Lawson: I don't believe you sometimes! Rachel Mason: Aww, chill. Watch! Eddie Lawson: Go on then!
- Rachel bowls the ball*
Eddie Lawson: Fail! Rachel Mason: My foot was behind that line! Eddie Lawson: No way! Rachel Mason: It was on the line?! Eddie Lawson: Alright, Mcenroe, if that's the way you want to play it. Rachel Mason: Excuse me are you calling me a liar! Eddie Lawson: Oh, I'm far to much of a gentleman to say that!
- Rachel and Eddie share their first kiss*
- Grantly Bugden: Oi! you out, Staff Room
- Helen Hopewell: Helen Hopewell, new English teacher
- Grantly Bugden: You teach?
- Helen Hopewell: Not quite. Got about 20 miuntes to go. Its my first day teaching.
- Steph Haydock: No!
- Helen Hopewell: [About Max] I know he can be a bit severe, but, he is a pretty inspirational leader
- Steph Haydock: Really? so was Mussolini
- Kim Campbell: Beep Beep
- Tom Clarkson: ah, Chill-Out zone comes to Waterloo Road
- Kim Campbell: it's the Waterloo Road Garden Project
- Tom Clarkson: ah the Blue Peter garden, only we dont want people burying their dogs in it
- Kim Campbell: I think you will find it was a Tortoise
- Michaela White: This is my favourite piece.
- Grantly Budgen: Can you play gangsta rap on the flute?!
- Ruby Fry: [About Micheala] She practically had Grantly in tears with her flute solo.
- Christopher Mead: What did she do, poke you in the eye with it?