Volunteering is generally considered an altrustic activity and is intended to promote goodness or improve human quality of life. In return, this activity can produce a feeling of self-worth and respect.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Volunteering and VolunteersEdit
The magnitude of our social problems will require that all citizens and institutions make a commitment to volunteering as a way of life and as a primary opportunity to create needed change.
- "Volunteering is a window into the passions of the soul."
- Patrick Dixon - Building a Better Business 2005 p 247
- "You will learn more about the people you work with in three minutes by asking them what they do for nothing, than by working with them for three years in the same team"
- Patrick Dixon - Building a Better Business 2005 p 3
- "Volunteering is a universal feature of human society, independent of wealth, status, language or culture"
- "One of the things I keep learning is that the secret of being happy is doing things for other people. "
- Dick Gregory
- The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.
- who:DeAnn Hollis
- I am a recipient of unconditional love, I am a volunteer
- Shanterra McBride
- We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give.
- Winston Churchill
- Volunteers are not paid not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.