Vladimir Horowitz (October 1, 1903–November 5, 1989) was a classical pianist.
- I am famous, but I am not well known.
- Perfection itself is imperfection.
- It's better to make your own mistakes than to copy someone else's.
- My future is in my past and my past is in my present. I must now make the present my future.
- When I am on the stage, I'm a king. No one can interfere with me because I have something to do, and it has to be the best which is within me.
- I'm a general. My soldiers are the keys, and I have to command them.
- My face is my passport.
- The piano is an orchestra with 88 ... things, you know.
- There are only three kinds of pianists; Jewish pianists, homosexual pianists, and bad pianists.
- If I don't practice for a day, I know it. If I don't practice for two days, my wife knows it. If I don't practice for three days, the world knows it
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language