- An isolated outbreak of virginity ... is a rash on the face of society. It arouses only pity from the married, and embarrassment from the single.
- I always thought of losing my virginity as a career move.
- Madonna, quoted in Madonna Unauthorized, epilogue, Christopher Andersen (1991).
- It is regarded as normal to consecrate virginity in general and to lust for its destruction in particular.
- ‘No, no; for my virginity,
When I lose that,’ says Rose, ‘I’ll die’:
‘Behind the elms last night,’ cried Dick,
‘Rose, were you not extremely sick?’
- Some say no evil thing that walks by night,
In fog or fire, by lake or moorish fen,
Blue meagre hag, or stubborn unlaid ghost
That breaks his magic chains at curfew time,
No goblin, or swart fairy of the mine,
Hath hurtful power o’er true virginity.
- Virginity is now a mere preamble or waiting room to be got out of as soon as possible; it is without significance. Old age is similarly a waiting room, where you go after life’s over and wait for cancer or a stroke. The years before and after the menstrual years are vestigial: the only meaningful condition left to women is that of fruitfulness.
- Virginity is the ideal of those who want to deflower.
- Which people desire to lose what they possess? A sick man his fever, a tormented husband his wife, a gambler his debts, and a girl—her virginity.
- Women have ... by imitating the life condition of men, surrendered a very strong position of their own. Men are afraid of virgins, but they have a cure for their own fear and the virgin’s virginity: fucking. Men are afraid of crones, so afraid that their cure for virginity fails them; they know it won’t work. Faced with the fulfilled crone, all but the bravest men wilt and retreat, crestfallen and cockadroop.
- Your old virginity is like one of our French withered pears: it looks ill, it eats drily.
- It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.
- Virginity: you don't get that back, because you were in such a big hurry to get rid of it in the first place.
- She said that she was technically a virgin when she married Rob. That after she and Walt were married, when they first came to making love and she caught sight of his penis, she'd cracked up because it was so big and she couldn't see how in hell they'd manage it. She never said in so many words, "I never had sexual interourse with Walt," e.g. But when I asked her, "So you were technically a virgin when you married Rob" (words to this effect), she said yes. She said that whenever she and Rob made love before a Seth session, or before a class session, that the results for the ensuing session were spectacular. And that sometimes she and Rob would make love for the sake of these results in a session.