- Every other vice hath some pleasure annexed to it, or will admit of some excuse, but envy wants both.
- Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy
- The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
- Elizabeth Taylor, as quoted in The Seven Deadly Sins (2000) by Steven Schwartz, p. 23
- Faults are like a hill, you stand on your own and you talk about those of other people.
- The problem with some folks is they won't admit their faults. I would, if I had any.