I am an addict. I'm sick.
- I'm sick. It's passed down through my family. I am an addict. I'm sick.
- I'm a lot happier, man. I've been through so much shit. I've just let go. Ever heard of that term "Let Go"? Ever understood it?
- Why I’m telling you this is because that’s where this music comes from, that’s where my art comes from. You’re talking to a miracle; I am a miracle. I’m not halfway there, you know, dut-dut-dut-dut-da, drink a beer, hang out with my buddies, smoke a joint and get together with the band, wanna be a rock star; no. I am a very troubled individual who has been handed these obstacles in life, and overcome my fears to be honest with myself, so I can be honest with you. That’s not exploitation, it’s liberation.
- The key is so distant, I've opened doors.
Know when to listen, know what to listen for.
- Shelf in the Room (Orange - 1998).
- I've finally found the reason, I don't need an excuse.
I've got this time on my hands, you are the one to abuse.
- Touch, Peel & Stand (Orange - 1998).
- Well, I'm not the same and I'm born again; it's the same ol' saying.
- Not the Same (Green - 2001).
- Dancing with the wind: the fire burns, the water drowns.
- Dancing with the wind (Red - 2003).
About Travis MeeksEdit
- There is genius and then there is madness and a fine line, it is said, divides them. One day you're recording a four-track demo tape of your own music in your sister's basement. Practically the next day, you're opening gigs for Metallica and your debut album is on fire, heading for platinum sales; that's madness. Genius, many people claim, is what got you there...at 17 years of age. -- David Lilly
- Knowing what I know now, to see everything that he’s gone through, it’s a tough deal. Even if you’re successful, it’s just a different world. It’s not real. You’ve got to separate the business from what’s real. Failure is an event, not a person. -- Gary Meeks