Robert Anthony "Tony" Snow (June 1, 1955 – July 12, 2008) was a White House Press Secretary for the George W. Bush administration. He succeeded Scott McClellan, becoming the third individual to serve in that position under Bush. It was the second Presidential administration to which Snow has been employed, having worked for President George H. W. Bush as chief speechwriter and Deputy Assistant of Media Affairs.
- Having said that, I don't want to hug the tar baby of trying to comment on the program — the alleged program — the existence of which I can neither confirm nor deny.
- White House Press Briefing  (2006-05-16)
- One of the problems with NPR is that there is so much political correctness that if you've got a name that looks like it was made up by Rudyard Kipling, you've got a better chance of getting hired. I'm a white guy named Tony Snow, for heaven's sake. That's as white as it goes.
- Quoted in Al Kamen, "You Can Quote Them on That, Maybe," washingtonpost.com (2006-07-06)
- Okay, we will divide the first [of two questions] and let the second die a crib death.
- White House Press Briefing  (2006-07-06)
- Well, thank you for the Hezbollah view.
- Reporter: Wait a minute. You said yourself, correctly, that both Bush 41 and Clinton had talks with Hafez al-Hassad —
Snow: Which were blazingly pointless.
- White House Press Briefing  (2006-07-19)
- Look, I hate to tell you, but it's not always pretty up there on Capitol Hill and there have been other scandals as you know that have been more than simply naughty e-mails.
- What Senator Kerry ought to do first is apologize to the troops. The clear implication here is if you flunk out, if you don't study hard, if you don't do your homework, if you don't make an effort to be smart and you don't do well, you "get stuck in Iraq." But an extraordinary thing has happened since September 11th, which is a lot of people — America's finest — have willingly agreed to volunteer their services in a mission that they know is dangerous, but is also important. And Senator Kerry not only owes an apology to those who are serving, but also to the families of those who have given their lives in this.
- White House Press Briefing  (2006-10-31)
- Why doesn't Senator Kerry, rather than saying, I meant to put in the word, "us" — and you try to put in "us" here, left out the word "us" — and if you don't — if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq. Where does "us" fit in? You don't "us" get stuck? I don't understand. It just — it doesn't scan here.
- White House Press Briefing, on Kerry's claim to have meant "you get us stuck in Iraq."  (2006-11-01)
- Just cut her mic. Now!
- Referring to Helen Thomas
- No one cares, Helen.
- Play that funky music white girl.
- Shut up, Helen.