- This plan will work.
- House Financial Services Committee, March 24, 2009  
- We have parts of our system which are overwhelmed by regulation. It wasn't the absence of regulation that was the problem. It was despite the presence of regulation you got huge risks built up.
- House Financial Services Committee, March 26, 2009 
- [Hyperinflation is] not going to happen in this country, will never happen... [The Fed putting so much money into the system is] not going to create the risk of hyperinflation in the future. We have a strong independent Federal Reserve with a very strong mandate from the Congress, and they will do what's necessary to keep inflation low and stable over time.
- We believe in a strong dollar ... Chinese financial assets are very safe.
- Peking University, May 31, 2009 
- I believe deeply that it's very important to the United States, to the economic health of the United States, that we maintain a strong dollar.
- Meeting with Japanese reporters at the U.S. embassy, November 11, 2009 
Last modified on 24 June 2013, at 12:01