Timothy Franz Geithner (born August 18, 1961) is an American economic policy maker and central banker who served as the 75th United States Secretary of the Treasury, under President Barack Obama, from 2009 to 2013. He was previously the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 2003 to 2009.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have parts of our system which are overwhelmed by regulation. It wasn't the absence of regulation that was the problem. It was despite the presence of regulation you got huge risks built up.
- House Financial Services Committee, March 26, 2009 
- Hyperinflation is not going to happen in this country, will never happen... The Fed putting so much money into the system is not going to create the risk of hyperinflation in the future. We have a strong independent Federal Reserve with a very strong mandate from the Congress, and they will do what's necessary to keep inflation low and stable over time.
- We believe in a strong dollar … Chinese financial assets are very safe.
- Peking University, May 31, 2009 
- I believe deeply that it's very important to the United States, to the economic health of the United States, that we maintain a strong dollar.
- Meeting with Japanese reporters at the U.S. embassy, November 11, 2009