- Master Kingston, I see the matter against me now it is framed; but if I had served God as diligently as I have done the King He would not have given me over in my gray hairs.
- I am come to leave my bones among you.
- To the abbott of Leicester Abbey, knowing that he was dying.
- Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never, ever get it out.
- Attributed to Cardinal Wolsey by columnist George Will, a line that he says was "uttered about Henry VIII", as quoted in William A. Henry In Defense of Elitism (Anchor Books, 1995), p. 45.
Last modified on 31 July 2013, at 13:01