- Occasionally discouragement may darken our pathway; frustration may be a constant companion. In our ears there may sound the sophistry of Satan as he whispers, "You cannot save the world; your small efforts are meaningless. You haven’t time to be concerned for others." Trusting in the Lord, let us turn our heads from such falsehoods and make certain our feet are firmly planted in the path of service and our hearts and souls dedicated to follow the example of the Lord. In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, we can take comfort from His promise: "Be not weary in well-doing. … Out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind."
- Finding Peace, Ensign, Mar. 2004, 3
- Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives.
- Speaking at a C.E.S. fireside and reported in the Church News
- When you choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith, you will merit the companionship of the Holy Spirit.
- Several years ago my dear wife went to the hospital. She left a note behind for the children: "Dear children, do not let Daddy touch the microwave"—followed by a comma, "or the stove, or the dishwasher, or the dryer." I'm embarrassed to add any more to that list.
- Abundantly Blessed, Sunday Afternoon Session of the 178th Annual General Conference 
- Choose your love; love your choice.
- Hallmarks of a Happy Home, Ensign, Nov. 1988, 69
- Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God's approval.
- Each heartfelt prayer, each Church meeting attended, each worthy friend, each righteous decision, each act of service perfomed all precede that goal of eternal life.
- Church News, speaking at the November 6 Church Educational System fireside.
- Remember that faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other.
- I acknowledge that I do not understand the processes of creation, but I accept the fact of it.
- The wisdom of God oft times appears as foolishness to men, but the greatest single lesson we can learn in mortality is that when god speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right.
Last modified on 15 April 2014, at 14:25