The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was a television show created by George Lucas that ran on ABC from 1992 - 1993, along with several made-for-TV movies from 1995 - 1996. The series was re-edited and completed in a chronological viewing order as The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones in 1999.
My First Adventure
Passions for Life
The Perils of the Cupid
Travels with Father
- Anna Jones: [scolding Indy] Henry, we are guests in this house.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: Guests, Junior. Not rampaging barbarians.
- Anna Jones: Your father will deal with you in the morning.
- Indiana Jones: What's he gonna do?
- Anna Jones: Have you shot in the morning. I will provide the blindfold.
- Leo Tolstoy: You reeking little swine, how dare you shoot me in the ass!
- Indiana Jones: I thought you were a giant weazle.
- Leo Tolstoy: Do I look like a giant weazle? Is it my twitching snout? My long, hairless tail? Are all little English boys as stupid as you?
- Indiana Jones: I'm not English, I'm American.
- Leo Tolstoy: That explains it.
- Indiana Jones: You have dogs? So do I. One I mean, her name's Indiana. I haven't seen her in over a year, though. 'Cause we've been traveling so much.
- Leo Tolstoy: You miss her?
- Indiana Jones: Yeah, you bet I do. Can't wait to see her when we get home. Wonder if she'll still remember me.
- Leo Tolstoy: Of course she will. Dogs are better than people.
- Indiana Jones: Hey, they were calling you Tolstoy. I think my father has some of your books. Didn't you write that eh, that really big fat one about war?
- Leo Tolstoy: And peace.
- Indiana Jones: No kiddin'. My father thinks you're great!
- Leo Tolstoy: Your dad's an imbicile.
- Indiana Jones: He's usually not wrong about this stuff. You should ask him.
- Indiana Jones: Father, I don't think that he understand your ancient Greek.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: Well he should have understood it.
- Indiana Jones: Father, I really doubt if a bus is even gonna come and if it does, there's probably only one a day and, and it's probably already gone!
- Henry Jones, Sr.: Junior, you are now being cynical. [beneath his breath] Yes sir. See, after skeptsism comes cynicism.
- Indiana Jones: [Indy and his father are splashing around in a lake] I didn't even know you could swim.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: There's a lot you don't know about me, Junior. [splashes water at his son] When I was five years old, I used to go swimming in a loch. Now that was cold!
- Indiana Jones: [Indy and his father are splashing around in a lake] Father!
- Henry Jones, Sr.: What?
- Indiana Jones: You know how you said that we should let ourselves be consumed by nature?
- Henry Jones, SrYes.
- Indiana Jones: Well, nature is consuming our clothes.
- Indiana Jones: So your name's Aristotle?
- Artistotle: Yes. So my wife said: Aristotle, she said, if you don't call that donkey Plato, you gonna have noone to talk to [laughs riotously]
- Artistotle: Hey, are you interested in politics?
- Henry Jones, Sr.: No not much.
- Artistotle: Ah, then you're an idiot.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: [brief pause] Thank you, Aristotle.
- Artistotle: My pleasure. [laughs]
- Henry Jones, Sr.: No, he's right, Junior. Our word 'idiot' comes from a Greek word which means 'one who is not interested in politics'.
- Indiana Jones: Yeah, I, I'll remember that.
- Indiana Jones: I'm bored.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: Bored? Bored? We're sitting in one of the most fascinating libraries in this part of the world and you're bored?
- Indiana Jones: It's also the only library.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: I will not have you bored.
- Indiana Jones: A ladder is made of wood, right?
- Henry Jones, Sr.: Yes.
- Indiana Jones: This cage is made out of wood.
- Henry Jones, Sr.: So?
- Indiana Jones: Ergo, our cage is a ladder.
- Henry Jones, Sr.': That's not what I call Aristotlian logic.
- Indiana Jones: We need a ladder, father. Let's turn our cage into a ladder.
Journey of Radiance
Spring Break Adventure
Love’s Sweet Song
Trenches of Hell
Demons of Deception
Phantom Train of Doom
Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Attack of the Hawkmen
- Hobie: [recognizing Indy] I don't believe this, guys, this captain we've been sent is the same little punk who used to run errands for me back in college.
- Indiana Jones: What's so funny?
- Len: Well you see the longest any reconnaissance guy ever lasted with us is eight days.
- Indiana Jones: Why is that?
- Len: Well, you fly in low and slow and you got a camera in your hand when what you need is a gun.
- Hobie: Hey dog breath, give him a break.
- Len: The kid ought to know, right?
- Green: [to Von Richthoven] I should have known ya by your tactics. Under the sun. Swift and sudden from behind.
- Baron Von Richthofen: Sergeant?
- Sargeant: Yes?
- Baron Von Richthofen: I want you to paint my albatross red.
- Sargeant: Red? Your plane will be visible for miles. You cannot hide. It's to bold.
- Baron Von Richthofen: I will not hide from anyone. We are bold and we will let them know it. Just paint it!
- Indiana Jones: [a German plane has just dropped a message in a canister] It's from Richthofen.
- Hobie: How do you know?
- Indiana Jones: I had lunch with him.
- Charles Nungesser: [having been challenged to a duel] Well, well, I seem to have finally got Richthofen were I want him.
- Raoul Lufbery: Are you going alone?
- Charles Nungesser: Of course. We may be at war, but we are still gentlemen.
- Baron Von Richthofen: I will make it a priority to deny them the pleasure of filming my death. I believe the heart of the matter is very simple. To shoot down the cameraman first.
- Francois: [opening a specially prepared suitcase] Ehm, It is a fitted suitcase, hm? Hairbrush, razor, hair oil.
- Indiana Jones: Oh, I- I, I never use hair oil.
- Francois: It is not hair oil. It is invisible ink.
- Indiana Jones: What is this?
- Charles Nungesser: It's the parachute.
- Indiana Jones: A parachute? What's it for?
- Charles Nungesser: Didn't they tell you? That is how our spies are dropped behind enemy lines
- Indiana Jones: What?
- Charles Nungesser: You jump out of the airplane with it.
- Indiana Jones: I'm not gonna ...
- Charles NungesserIt's the latest experimental model. Small enough to wear on your back. Now. Just climb aboard and sit down.
- Indiana Jones: I have a bad feeling about this.
- General Von Kramer: [giving a tour of the factory] And over here they are working on a new process to refine helium.
- Alhorn: If we can perfect the method we will eliminate the explosive dangers of hydrogen.
- General Von Kramer: So this is not the place to light up one of your big fat cigars, Mr. Fokker.
- Anthony Fokker: Wars come and go. Humanity suffers. But Knowledge and science survive.
- Anthony Fokker: Genius is not enough, Forssman, one must be practical as well.
- General Von Kramer: With this plane, we can now bomb New York. Do you agree, Herr Fokker?
- Anthony Fokker: Possibly. Let me work on it. I will make it fly twice as far.
Adventures in the Secret Service
Daredevils of the Desert
Tales of Innocence
Masks of Evil
Treasure of the Peacock’s Eye
- Zyke: I would like to repay you for the kindness... [Slaps Indy across the face] But it's not in my nature.
- Remy: Listen sir, all we want is to get back to civilization.
- Bronislaw Malinowski: This is civilization.
- Remy: A civilized civilization!
- Bronislaw Malinowski: Kanoo, break through your sea passage, fly through peril, leave your imprint in the sand. Perhaps we'll meet again.
- Indiana Jones: I hope so
Wind’s of Change
Mystery of the Blues
Scandal of 1920
- Erich Von Stroheim: I am an artist!