The World's Fastest Indian is a 2005 film that tells the life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years re-building a 1920 Indian motorcycle — a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.
- Directed and written by Roger Donaldson.
- You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
- Invercargill, I-N-V-E-R-C-A-R-G-I-L-L. Sometimes I spell it with one 'L' to save ink.
- If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.
- If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone.
- Its my ruddy life
- "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."
- He is here quoting Theodore Roosevelt
- Tom: Why do you pee on your lemon tree?
- Fran: [to a staring crowd] What are you looking at? Dirty old men need love too!
- Antarctic Angel: I don't think so, granddad!
- Burt Munro: Well, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
- Tom: Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash?
- Burt Munro: No... You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.
- [Burt starts to mount his bike, but stops]
- Burt Munro: I can't get my leg in because of the asbestos cloth on it.
- [gets off]
- Burt Munro: Let me take it off.
- Rolly: Well, what about your leg and the heat?
- Burt Munro: Screw it. I've got a spare one.
- [the motorcycle gang comes to see off Burt]
- Antarctic Angel: Good luck, mate. Show 'em Kiwis can fly too, eh?
- Burt Munro: Right. I'll bring you back the Statue of Liberty!
- Based On One Hell Of A True Story
- The extraordinary true adventure of Burt Munro from Down Under (: