The Walking Dead (TV series)
The Walking Dead (2010-) is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series developed for television by Frank Darabont and based on the ongoing comic book series, The Walking Dead, by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.
Season 1 (2010)
- Rick Grimes: What's the difference between men and women?
- Shane Walsh: Is this a joke?
- Rick Grimes: No, serious.
- Shane Walsh: Never met a woman who knew how to turn off a light. Born thinking the switch only goes one way: on. Come home, house all lit up, and my job, you see, apparently because my chromosomes happen to be different is that I gotta walk through that house and turn off every single light this chick left on.
- Rick Grimes: Is that right?
- Shane Walsh: Yeah, baby. Oh Reverend Shane is preachin' to ya now, boy. Then this same chick, mind ya, she'll bitch about, uh, Global Warming. This is where Reverend Shane wants to quote from the Guy Gospel and say, "Uh, darlin' maybe if you and every other pair of boobs on this planet could just figure out that the light switch, see, goes both ways, maybe we wouldn't have so much Global Warming?"
- Rick Grimes: You say that?
- Shane Walsh: The polite version. Still, that earns me this look of loathing you would not believe and that's when the Exorcist voice pops out "You sound just like my damn Father! Always yellin' about the power bill and tellin' me to turn off the damn lights!"
- Rick Grimes: What do you say to that?
- Shane Walsh: I know what I want to say. What I want to say, "Bitch, you mean to tell me you've been hearing this your entire life and you are still too damn stupid to learn how to turn off a switch?"
- Rick Grimes: There are no niggers anymore. No dumb-as-shit-inbred-white-trash-fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. That's us and the dead.
- Daryl: Hey kid, what'd you do before all this?
- Glenn: Deliver pizzas. Why?
- Daryl: You got some balls for a China man.
- Glenn: I'm Korean.
- Daryl: Whatever.
- [Dr. Jenner is speaking to a recording camera.]
- Jenner: Jenner here. It's Day 194 since Wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global. There's no clinical progress to report. Item: I finally got the scrubbers in the east sector shut down to save power. Wish I could have done it a month ago, but it took me how long to figure it out. Too bad I never studied engineering. Could have saved a lot of amps. Item: Still not sleeping well. Can't seem to keep regular hours. Living underground doesn't help; not knowing if it's day or night. Just...feeling very...off.
- [Dr. Jenner is speaking to a recording camera after the decontamination process destroyed his samples.]
- Jenner: The TS-19 samples are gone. The tragedy of their loss cannot be overstated. They were our freshest samples, by far. None of the other samples we gathered came close. Those are necrotic. Useless, dead flesh. [Pause] I don't even know why I'm talking to you. I bet there isn't a single son of a bitch still listening out there, is there? [Gets closer to the camera] Is there? Fine. Saves me the embarrassment. I think tomorrow I'm gonna blow my brains out. I haven't decided. But tonight, I'm getting drunk. [Pours a glass of wine, finishing the bottle. Shows the camera the bottle.] Speaking of which, how far do you think I can chuck this, huh? Pretty far, I bet. [Throws bottle across room, shattering it.] Oh! It is out of the stadium!
Jenner: The day will come when you won't be.
Daryl: Man, I'm gonna get s**t-faced drunk again.
Rick: We don't have to be afraid anymore. We're safe here.
Rick: You don't know what it's like out there. You may think you do but you don't. It's only a matter of time. There's too many of those things. My boy, my wife, I never told them what I really thought. I never even hinted, just, just kept it in, kept us moving, kept it in, kept us moving.
Dale: I see a chance to make a new start.
Daryl [to Glenn]: Keep drinking, little man. I wanna see how red your face can get.
Carl [tasting wine]: Eww. That's nasty
Lori: That's my boy.
Jenner: This is our extinction.
Season 2 (2011-2012)
- Daryl: [to Carol] It's a Cherokee Rose. The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the Trail of Tears, the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much 'cause they were losing their little ones along the way from exposure and disease and starvation. A lot of them just disappeared. So the elders, they said a prayer; asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day this rose started to grow where the mothers' tears fell. I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers blooming for my brother. But I believe this one bloomed for your little girl.
- Jimmy: I want a gun.
- Daryl: And people in hell want slurpees.
Daryl [to Dale while holding gun]: Sorry Brother.
- Rick: We're all infected.
- Daryl: What?
- Rick: At the C.D.C., Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it.
- Carol: And you never said anything?
- Rick: Would it have made a difference?
- Glenn: You knew this whole time?
- Rick: How could I have known for sure? You saw how crazy that mo-
- Glenn: That is not your call. Okay, when I found about the Walkers in the barn, I told, for the good of everyone.
- Rick: Well, I thought it best that people didn't know.
- Rick: [to Lori] I killed him. I killed Shane. He came at me. He killed Randall to get me in the woods. He planned it. I had - I had no choice. I gave him every chance... and he kept leading me further out. He pushed me, and I let him. After awhile, I knew - I knew what he was doing, what he was up to. And I kept going. I didn't stop. I could have, but... I just wanted it over. Dogging me every step of the way. Acting like I stole you and Carl, like... like I was in the way. I just wanted it over. I wanted him dead. I killed him. He turned. That's how I knew Jenner was right. Carl put him down.
- Rick: :Hershel: Don't panic.
- Maggie: I'm not. I'm not sitting here, waiting for another herd to blow through. We need to move, now.
- Rick: No one is going anywhere.
- Carol: Do something.
- Rick: I am doing something! I'm keeping this group together. Alive! I've been doing that all along, no matter what; I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people, for Christ sake! You saw how he was like. How he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us. He staged the whole Randall thing, let me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice! He was my friend, but he came after me. My hands are clean. Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there's a place for us, but maybe- maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe- Maybe I'm fooling myself again. Why don't- why don't you go out and find yourself. Send me a postcard! Go on, there's the door. You can do better. Lets see how far you get. No takers? Fine. But get one thing straight... you're staying. This isn't a democracy anymore.
Season 3 (2012 - 2013)
- Daryl Dixon: Walkers! Go back!
- Lori Grimes: The baby is about to be here and we need to talk-
- Rick Grimes: About what?
- Lori Grimes: Things. We've been avoiding them-
- Rick Grimes: You want to talk? Talk to Hershel. I'm doing stuff Lori. Things.
- Rick Grimes: Yeah I got it. I got it. Shit is happens.
- Daryl Dixon: Easy now.
- The Governor: Welcome to Woodbury.
- Andrea: What's your name?
- The Governor: I never tell.
- Andrea: Never say never.
- The Governor: Never.
- Lori Grimes: [to Carl] You are going to beat this world, I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave, and I love you. You gotta do what's right. It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So, so, if it feels wrong don't do it, alright? If it feels easy don't do it, don't let this world spoil you. You're so good, my sweet boy. Best thing I ever did and I love you, I love you. My sweet, sweet, boy I love you.
- Rick Grimes: Halo?
- The Governor: What happens tonight is hurfle. We don't have a day like that since the wall was built. I failed in my duty. I should to say that we gonna be OK and we're safe we will gonna burry our death tomorrow and watch TV on the sofa. But I won't. Because I can't. Cause I'm affraid. I'm affraid that the terrorists want what we have! They want to destroy us! And worst. Because one of those terrorist is one of our own. Merle! The man I count it on! Man I trust. He took them here! He let in there. How was you! You lie! He trayed us all! This is one of the terrorist huh. Merle's own brother! So what should we do of them huh?
- The crowd: Kill them!!!
- The governor: What? What you want?
- The crowd: Kill them!!!
- The governor: You wanted your brother. Now you got it.
- The governor: When I asking you where your loyalty When I asked you to whom was your loyalty you have say that it was here then prove. Fight till that death! Brother against brother! The winner will be free to go.
- Merle Dixon: I can't go with you, I... I tried to kill that black bitch. Damn nearly killed that Chinese kid.
- Daryl Dixon: He's Korean.
- Merle Dixon: Whatever. Doesn't matter man I just can't go with you.
Welcome to tombs
- The Governor: I told you to kill her but you didn't. And now you gonna turn and you gonna tear away the flesh of her bones. In this life now you kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
- Andrew Lincoln - Rich Grimes (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Jon Bernthal - Shane Walsh (Seasons 1 - 2)
- Sarah Wayne Callies - Lori Grimes (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Laurie Holden - Andrea (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Jeffrey DeMunn - Dale Horvath (Seasons 1 - 2)
- Steven Yeun - Glenn (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Chandler Riggs - Carl Grimes (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Norman Reedus - Daryl Dixon (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Lauren Cohan - Maggie Greene (Seasons 2 - 3)
- Danai Gurira - Michonne (Season 3)
- Michael Rooker - Merel Dixon (Seasons 1, 3)
- David Morrissey - The Governor (Season 3)
- Melissa McBride - Carol Peletier (Seasons 1 - 3)
- IronE Singleton - T-Dog (Seasons 1 - 3)
- Scott Wilson - Hershel Greene (Seasons 2 - 3)
- Chad Coleman - Tyreese (Season 3)