The Sting is a 1973 film about two confidence tricksters working in 1930s Chicago who team up to pull the ultimate con on a millionaire mob boss.
...all it takes is a little Confidence.
- Directed by George Roy Hill. Written by David S. Ward.
- [to Henry] Luther said I could learn from you. I already know how to drink.
- Glad to meet you, kid - you're a real horse's ass.
- No sense being a grifter if its the same as bein' a citizen.
- Sorry I'm late, guys, I was takin' a crap.
- [to Henry] Not only are you a cheat, you're a gutless cheat as well.
- [angrily correcting Gondorff] The name's Lonnegan, DOYLE Lonnegan! You're gonna remember that, Mr. Shaw, or you're gonna get yourself another game.
FBI Agent PolkEdit
- [to Snyder] Sit down and shut up, will ya? Try not to live up to all my expectations.
- Hooker: I gave him the breakdown, just like you said.
- Henry: And?
- Hooker: It's good. He threatened to kill me.
- Henry: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.
- Kid Twist: Now how do you want to work this? Flat rate or percentage?
- Benny Garfield: Who's the mark?
- Kid: Doyle Lonnegan.
- Benny: [short pause] Flat rate.
- Billie: Who told you this guy was in here?
- Lieutenant William Snyder: Nobody, I just know what kind of woman he likes. Going to check all the joy houses till I find him.
- Billie: Oh, well maybe I could help you, if you tell me his name.
- Lt. Snyder: I doubt it. Which way are the rooms?
- Billie: Right through there. But I wouldn't go in there if I were you.
- Lt. Snyder: What you are going to do, call the cops?
- Billie: I don't have to. You'd be busting in on the Chief of Police just up the hall.
- Hooker: [watching Lonnegan] He's not as tough as he thinks.
- Henry: Neither are we.
- Hooker: I, ah...thought you might wanna come out for a while. Maybe have a drink or somethin'.
- Loretta: You move right along, don't ya.
- Hooker: I don't mean nothin' by it. I just don't know many regular girls, that's all.
- Loretta: And you expect me to come out, just like that.
- Hooker: If I expected somethin', I wouldn't be still standin' out here in the hall.
- Loretta: I don't even know you.
- Hooker: You know me. I'm just like you. It's two in the morning and I don't know nobody.
- Doyle: I put it all on Lucky Dan- half a million dollars to win.
- Kid: To win? I said place! "Place it on Lucky D-" That horse is gonna run second!
- Doyle: [runs horrified to the betting booth] There's been a mistake! I want my money back!
- Henry: You beat him, kid.
- Hooker: You were right, Henry. It's not enough... But it's close.
- Henry: You're not gonna stick around for your share?
- Hooker: Nah, I'd only blow it.
Last modified on 9 June 2013, at 15:17