The Spiderwick Chronicles is a 2008 film about twin brothers Jared and Simon Grace, along with their sister Mallory, who find themselves pulled into an alternate world full of faeries and other creatures.
- Directed by Mark Waters. Written by Karey Kirkpatrick, David Berenbaum, and John Sayles, based on the series by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black.
- Do not dare to read this book, if you take a fearful look, you'll face a deadly consequence.
- [after seeing his brother being captured by goblins] What the hell?
- [seeing Thimbletack] And they say I've got anger issues.
- [after Mallory hits the wall and a piece of it fall to the floor] Great, I'll get blamed for that!
- [seeing Mallory fighting the goblins, so he tosses the stone to her] Here, Look through this!
- [refusing to help Jared attack Mallory] I'm a pacifist.
- I don't do conflict.
- [in Spiderwick's house] Ugh, It's got that old people smell.
- [petting the Griffin] Cool pet.
- [seeing Arthur Spiderwick for the first time] Whoa.
- Vengeance or death!... Hopefully vengeance.
- [as the griffin is soaring far overhead] Fly while you can, griffin! I just ate an ogre whole. You could be next!
- Look...I...I talked to Spiderwick. I shared Hobgoblin secrets. But Mulgurath stole just that one page and used it to kill my entire family!
- [As Jared sees Mulgurath in the form on an old man] Don't be fooled by what you think you see. That's exactly what he wants.
- Jared Grace: [after seeing the dumbwaiter] Simon, Don't you wanna know where this thing goes?
- Simon Grace: Not really.
- Jared Grace: [handing his mom knives] Steel, It cuts and burns.
- Helen Grace: Good thing we're New Yorkers.
- Jared Grace: Why can't I see you?
- Thimbletack: You don't see us, now you do, but only if we want you to.
- Tow Truck Driver: [after running over a troll] Did I hit somebody?
- Jared Grace: Yes! Thank you!
- Mallory Grace: What happens when Mulgarath gets the book?
- Thimbletack: I die. You die. We all die. Bye-bye.
- Mallory Grace: [turns to Jared; voice quavering slightly] What does he mean, 'we all die'?
- Jared Grace: I think he means... we all die.
- Hogsqueal: Do birds live in these little houses?
- Jared Grace: Yeah.
- Hogsqueal: Oh my gosh, that's genius! Who thought of that? You can stick your tongue right in it! [begins slobbering over a birdhouse]
- Freddie Highmore - Jared Grace / Simon Grace
- Mary-Louise Parker - Helen Grace
- Nick Nolte - Mulgarath
- Sarah Bolger - Mallory Grace
- Andrew McCarthy - Richard Grace
- Joan Plowright - Aunt Lucinda Spiderwick
- David Strathairn - Arthur Spiderwick
- Seth Rogen - Hogsqueal (voice)
- Martin Short - Thimbletack (voice)