The Presidio is a 1988 American mystery film about a military commander and a his former subordinate, now a street-tough cop, who must reluctantly work together against a killer.
He didn't want to share the murder investigation. There's no way he's going to share his daughter.
- Directed by Peter Hyams. Written by Larry Ferguson.
Lt. Col. Alan CaldwellEdit
- We used to joke that being in the army was not a matter of life and death. It's more important than that.
- [to Donna] The reason why I'm here is because I'm interested in you, not your father.
- [to Col. Lawrence] You know what I'd like? I'd like you to resist arrest. Just a little. God, I'd really like that. [cuffs one hand] You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorn - [Col. Lawrence elbows him in the face with free arm]
Sgt. Maj. Ross MaclureEdit
- [to Alan] I've known buildings that were easier to talk to than you.
- You open your mouth one more time, and I'll shove your head so far up your ass, you'll be talking out of your armpit.
- Alan: Now, are you sure you want to have a fight? Because I'm only gonna use my thumb.
- Bully in Bar: Thumb?
- Alan: My right thumb. Left one's much too powerful for you.
- Donna: Say something.
- Jay: What?
- Donna: That's a start.
- Alan: You're not going out dressed like that. Are you?
- Donna: Like what?
- Alan: Well, you can see right through that dress. You might just as well go out without one.
- Donna: There's a thought.
- Alan: [to Julius] Now why don't you ask him how he won the Medal of Honor?
- Ross: How old are you, Julius?
- Julius: Eight.
- Ross: You want to live to be nine?
- Alan: Obviously, he didn't win it for charm.
- Alan: [to bully at bar] You see these little oak leaves? They're silver. That means I'm a lieutenant-colonel. If they were gold, THEN I'd be a major! Understand? [hits the bully's head on the bar]
- Bully: [grunts & nods] Yes sir!
- Alan: Now, next time you see an officer of the Army, you'll know how to recognize his rank!
- Thug: Who the hell do you think you are?
- Ross: I'm the Infantry, sonny.
Last modified on 29 January 2013, at 18:39