Nicholas Van OrtonEdit
- You don't know anything about society, Marie; you don't have the satisfaction of avoiding it.
- Did I have a choice? Did I have a choice?
- I'm being toyed with by a bunch of depraved children.
- I don't care about the money. I'm pulling back the curtain. I want to meet the wizard.
- And you really believe that just because you publish children's books, people are going to care about my reputation? You can have pictures of me wearing nipple rings, butt-fucking Captain Kangaroo. The only thing they care about is the stock and whether that stock is up or down!
Conrad Van OrtonEdit
- They won't leave me alone! I'm a goddam human piñata!
- They fuck you and fuck you and fuck you, and just when you think it's over, that's when the real fucking begins!
- Discovering the object of the game is the object of the game.
- The game is tailored specifically to each participant. Think of it as a great vacation, except you don't go to it, it comes to you.
- We're like an experiential Book-of-the-Month Club.
- Conrad: This is for you.
- Nicholas: You shouldn't have.
- Conrad: What do you get for the man who has…everything?
- Nicholas: [reading the card] "Consumer Recreation Services." Well, I do have golf clubs.
- Conrad: Call that number.
- Nicholas: Why?
- Conrad: Make your life... fun.
- Nicholas: Fun.
- Conrad: You know what that is... uh, you've seen other people have it.
- Nicholas: No, what is this? What are you... selling?
- Jim Feingold: Oh. It's a game.
- Daniel Schorr: [on TV] There's a tiny camera looking at you right now.
- Nicholas: That's impossible.
- Daniel Schorr: You're right, impossible. You're having a conversation with your television.
- Nicholas: So, you've played recently?
- New Member Ted: Oh, about a year ago. I was working in Los Angeles.
- Nicholas: I hear the London office is very good, too. It just sounds like a lot of fantasy, role-playing nonsense.
- New Member Ted: [leans in] You wanna know what it is? What it's all about?
- [Nicholas leans closer]
- New Member Ted: John 9:25.
- Nicholas: I... haven't been to Sunday school in a long time.
- New Member Ted: 'Whereas once I was blind, now I can see.' [rises] Good night, Nicholas. Best of luck.
- Nicholas: Good night.
- [Nicholas loses a shoe when climbing a fire-escape ladder.]
- Nicholas: There goes a thousand dollars.
- Christine: Your shoes cost a thousand dollars?
- Nicholas: That one did.
- Nicholas: [In the stopped elevator] I'll give you a boost.
- Christine: You first.
- Nicholas: This isn't an attempt to be gallant. If I don't lift you, how are you going to get there?
- Christine: You pull me up.
- Nicholas: It's much easier this way. Come on, step up...
- Christine: No.
- Nicholas: Please...
- Christine: I'm not wearing underwear. Okay? There, I said it. Satisfied?
- Nicholas: [Looks at her skirt] Oh. Fine.
- New Member Ted: This was the best one ever!
- Jim Feingold: [shakes Nicholas's hand] You know, thank God you jumped, because if you didn't, I was supposed to throw you off!
- There are no rules in The Game.
- The Game...You Just Lost
- Players Wanted.
- Are you ready to play?
- The object of the game is to discover the object of.... The Game
- What do you get for the man who has everything?
- You don't play it, it plays you
- John 9:25: "I was blind, but now I see."
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages