The Firm (1993 film)
The Firm is a 1993 legal thriller film directed by Sydney Pollack, and starring Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Holly Hunter, Gary Busey, and David Strathairn. The film is based on the 1991 novel The Firm by author Josh Grisham. Holly Hunter was nominated for the 1994 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, but lost to her co-star in The Piano, Anna Paquin.
- Mitch: Anything I can do for you?
- Ray: Sure. Get me out of here.
- Mitch: Where to?
- Ray: Anywhere I can see a whole lot of sky. I get through the days, I even eat the food. It's amazing how much you miss the sky.
- Tammy: You got the account number, you know how to access it? Mitch has verified that the money is there, $750,000.00.
- Ray: I love your crooked little mouth.
- Tammy: [surprised laugh] Well, it's not my best feature.
- Ray: Wow. Well, what is?
- Wayne: How about you get down on your knees and kiss my ass for not indicting you as a co-conspirator right now, you chickenshit little Harvard cocksucker?
- Mitch: I haven't done anything, and you know it!
- Wayne: Who gives a fuck? I'm a federal agent! You know what that means, you lowlife motherfucker? It means you've got no rights, your life is mine! I could kick your teeth down your throat and yank them out your asshole, and I'm not even violating your civil rights!
- Mitch: You want to know something funny? I discovered the law again. You actually made me think about it. I managed to go through three years of law school without doing that.
- Mitch: Let me get this straight: you want me to steal files from the firm, turn them over to the FBI, send my colleagues to jail...
- Wayne: They roped you into this.
- Mitch: Breach attorney-client privilege, thus getting myself disbarred for life, then testify in open court against the Mafia...
- Wayne: Well, unfortunately, Mitch...
- Mitch: Let me ask you something: are you out of your fucking mind?
- Avery: Abby, the girl on the beach was a setup. They do things like that, in case the other enticements don't work.
- Abby: What are they going to do to you?
- Avery: Whatever it is, they did it a long time ago.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language