The Fantasticks is a 1960 musical comedy with music by Harvey Schmidt and lyrics by Tom Jones.
- In short, she was growing pretty.
And the shock so stunned and thrilled her
That she became
- I know you prefer 'ab-duc-tion', but the proper word is 'rape'. It's short and businesslike.
- [NOTE: This line is sometimes edited to remove references to the word "rape"]
- A group of living statues.
What do they call it? A tableau
I wonder if they can hold it.
They'll try to, I suppose.
And yet it won't be easy
To hold such a pretty pose.
- There is a curious paradox
That no one can explain.
Who understands the secret
Of the reaping of the grain?
Who understands why Spring is born
Out of Winter's laboring pain?
Or why we all must die a bit
Before we grow again.
- Please, God, please -
Don't let me be normal!
- I'm going to take my clothes off and go swimming in a stream!
- When the dance was done,
When I went my way,
When I tried to find rainbows far away,
All the lovely lights seemed to fade
They were you.
- I'm grown-up, stable,
Willing to conform.
I'm beyond such foolish notions.
And yet—in spite of my knowledge—
There is this girl.Iam in love with.Can i be responsibly of his pregency?
- I was once in the navy. That's where I learned Horticulture.
- Son, you're an ass.
- Luisa: Listen! I have had a vision!
- Matt: Of disaster?
- Luisa: No. Of azaleas.
- Luisa: Is it fun to be a bandit?
- El Gallo: It has its moments.
- Luisa: I think it must be fun. Tell me, do you ride on a great white horse?
- El Gallo: I used to.
- Luisa: But no longer?
- El Gallo: I developed a saddle rash. Very painful.
- Luisa: How unglamorous. I've never heard of a hero who had a saddle rash.
- El Gallo: Oh, it happens. Occupational hazard.
Last modified on 15 March 2013, at 09:59
- Mortimer: Psst. Psst. 'Enry, Where do you want me?
- Henry: Off left. Off left. Indians are always off left.
- Mortimer: Enry?
- Henry: What?
- Mortimer: Wot's me cue?
- Henry: I'll tell you when its time.