The Event (2010–2011) was an American political thriller TV show, airing on NBC, about a man who goes looking for his missing girlfriend and stumbles upon a government conspiracy that is bigger than the president himself.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
I Haven't Told You Everything [1.01]Edit
- Michael: Sean, relax, you have my blessing.
- Sean: I do?
- Michael: Well, you're gonna take good care of her, love her, cherish her, all that good stuff, right?
- Sean: Yes. Yes, yes, of course, absolutely.
- Michael: Good. Then you have my blessing.
- Sean: Oh, that was easier than I thought.
- Michael: Of course, if you hurt her in any way, I will have to kill you.
- Sean: Yes, I get that.
- Blake: We sacrificed the rights of the few for the safety of the many all the time. Now, you want to do the noble thing. I get it. But now is not the time.
- President Martinez: Now is the perfect time. It's not just about protecting the rights of the few. This is about protecting human rights. Now these people may not be Americans, but we are. Look what we have done to them. We've abused them, We've detained them. Illegally, after all this time. That's not what this country's about, not anymore.
To Keep Us Safe [1.02]Edit
- Blake: Protecting the country involves the keeping of secrets, Mr. President. It always has, and it always will.
- President Martinez: When I woke up this morning, I thought I was going to be making history. Announcing to the world that humanity was not alone, that I was freeing your people to integrate and to live peacefully among us. Now, I was told many times that I was making a mistake and that I didn't know your true agenda. Apparently some even felt so strongly they thought they'd try to kill me before I could make that announcement. And as it turns out, it would have been a mistake. So I'm asking myself over and over, was I naive, or was I guilty of narcissism? Was I so intent on going down in history that I was blind to the truth? Now I'm asking myself these things--Sophia, look at me--I'm asking myself these things because I know I need to take responsibility. And I'm gonna give you a chance to do that too, to tell me your reasons, good or bad, for deceiving me.
- President Martinez: I'm done. The deal's off. You're going back to Inostranka. You and your people will stay there until I get the truth.
- Sophia: That would be a mistake, Mr. President. My people have been waiting for 66 years. Their patience is running out.
- Martinez: Is that a threat?
- Sophia: You wanted the truth. I'm giving it to you.
Protect Them From the Truth [1.03]Edit
- Sean: Do you know how many people use "password" as their password?
- Collier: Yeah. I didn't.
- Sean: No, I know, you used your cat's name, combined with your birthday. I had to look through all your personal information when you were down, and you have 38 pictures of Chester in here.
- Jarvis: You're a hard man to get ahold of, Blake.
- Blake: Funny how a national emergency exponentially increase the amount of work.
A Matter of Life and Death [1.04]Edit
Casualties of War [1.05]Edit
- Jason Ritter - Sean Walker
- Sarah Roemer - Leila Buchanan
- Laura Innes - Sophia Maguire
- Ian Anthony Dale - Simon Lee
- Scott Patterson - Michael Buchanan
- Taylor Cole - Vicky Roberts
- Lisa Vidal - Christina Martinez
- Bill Smitrovich - Raymond Jarvis
- Clifton Collins, Jr.
- Željko Ivanek - Blake Sterling
- Blair Underwood - President Elias Martinez
- Heather McComb - Agent Collier
- Hal Holbrook - Dempsey
- Wes Ramsey - Greg Kervin
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language