Tarzan is a 1999 American animated feature film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Walt Disney Feature Animation and distributed by Buena Vista Pictures Distribution on June 18, 1999.
- (Young Tarzan): I'll be the best ape ever!
- [trying to get the paper back from the Manu the baby baboon] Oh, come on, now. Enough of this. I want this paper on the count of three. One, two... Oh, look! Bananas! [as Manu is distracted, Jane swipes the paper from him and laughs] Oh, I can't believe you feel for that one. [Manu begins to cry] No, no, don't give me those crocodile tears. What would your parents have to say? [notices a troop of baboons looking at her menacingly] [nervously] Oh. You see? I told you they'd be cross. [to the other baboons] Go easy on him. Children will be children. [the baboons start chasing her]
- (when she, Tantor, and other gorillas are at the campsite) What kind of primitive beasts are responsible for this mess?
- (Young Tantor; sees Tarzan in the water) Piranha! It's a piranha!
- (Young Tantor; staring at the water) Are you sure this water's sanitary? (Steps into water, then yanks foot back out) It looks questionable to me!
- (Young Tantor) But what about bacteria?
- (as Terk and Tarzan wrestle) It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!
- (after hearing Clayton's gunshot) It wasn't me, I swear.
- (to Terk) Thaaaaat's IT! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU AND YOUR EMOTIONAL CONSTIPATION! TARZAN NEEDS US, AND WE'RE GOING TO HELP HIM! YA GOT THAT?! NOW PIPE DOWN AND HANG ON TIGHT! We've got a boat to catch.
- [Jane imitates the screams of the monkeys] Now that's theropithecus baboonus, she's very good at this.
- (about Jane) She takes after her mother, you know. She came up with stories like that. Not about men in loincloths, of course...
- (about Tarzan) Look at him, Jane. Moves like an ape, but looks like a man. He could be the missing link!
- Oh, those magnificent creatures, shivering in cages... What is this world COMING TO?! (angrily hits the wall; the whole boat tips as Tantor climbs on outside) Oh, by Jove! Don't know my own strength.
- Professor, you are here to find gorillas. Not indulge some girlish fantasy!
- If I can teach a parrot to sing "God Save the Queen", I can certainly teach this savage a thing or two.
- Women! Even if you hadn't grown up a savage, you'd be lost. There are no trails through a woman's heart.
- [as Kerchak is restrained] Aah! I remember you. [taking aim] I think this one would be better off stuffed.
- [pursuing Tarzan into the trees] Hiding, are we?! Good! I could use a challenge, because after I get rid of you, rounding up your little ape family will be all too easy!!
- [Tarzan gets ready to scare Kala behind her back]
- Kala: Don't even think about it.
- Tarzan: How'd you know it was me?
- Kala: I'm you mother. I know everything. Now, we have you been?
- Tarzan: I thought you knew everything.
- [Terk pounces on him]
- Terk: Hey, Auntie K! You look remarkably groomed today!
- Tantor: Y'know, I've been thinking lately that Tarzan might be some subspecies of elephant.
- Terk: What are you, crazy? An elephant?!
- Tantor: Listen to me. Think about it. He enjoys a peanut, I enjoy a peanut.
- Terk: He looks nuthin' like ya!
- Clayton: [clears his throat] Where are the gorillas? [Tarzan plays with his mustache] GO-REE-LUHZ!!!!
- Tarzan: [imitating Clayton] GO-REE-LUHZ!!!!
- Jane: Shouting won't help, Mr. Clayton. He doesn't understand English.
- Clayton: Then I'll make him understand. If I can teach a parrot to sing "God save the Queen", I can certainly teach this savage a thing or two. [draws a crude gorilla on Jane's chalkboard and points to it with the chalk] Gorilla.
- Tarzan: [takes the chalk and examines it] Gor-illa!
- Professor Porter: [excited] Oh! Oh! He's got it!
- Tarzan: Gor-illa! [proceeds to scribble wildly on the chalkboard] Gorrrrr-illllla!
- Professor Porter: Oh, perhaps not...
- Clayton: [grabs chalk] No! No no no no! [Tarzan grabs the chalk back]
- Tarzan: [imitating Clayton] No! No no no no! [they both bicker and fight over the chalk until Jane grabs it]
- Jane: Mr. Clayton, I think I'll take it from here.
- Tarzan: Terk, all you have to do is get Kerchak out of the way.
- Terk: What?!
- Tantor: Well, I'd be happy to get Kerch--
- Terk: [Grabs Tantor's trunk to shut him up] Hey! Shut your trunk, and get me outta here! [Tantor does so] Can you believe that guy? Drops us like a newborn giraffe - kerplop! - now waltzes in here and expects us to just-- [Tarzan lands in front of her]
- Tarzan: Terk, I'm asking you as a friend.
- Terk: [Grimacing at Tarzan's pleading face] Argh... Aah... with the face and the eyes and the... AH! All right! But don't make me do anything embarrassing. [Cut to Terk bursting out of the bushes in Jane's dress] I'M GONNA KILL HIIIIIIIM!!!!
- Tantor: [with his trunk disguised has Professor Porter] Actually, I thought that dress was rather slimming on you.
- Terk: Oh, really? I thought it was a little revealing...
- [they both hear Kerchak's roar and run]
- Clayton: Sorry for the rude welcome, old boy, but I couldn't have you making a scene when we put your furry friends in their cages!
- Tarzan: Why?
- Clayton: Why? For £300 sterling a head. Actually, I have you to thank, old boy. Couldn't have done it without you.
- Tantor: I've never felt so alive!
- Terk: Good! 'Cause I'm gonna kill ya!
- Tarzan: Kerchak, forgive me.
- Kerchak: No. Forgive me, for not understanding... that you have always been one of us. Our family will look to you now.
- Tarzan: No... Kerchak!
- Kerchak: Take care of them... my son. Take care of them.
- Tony Goldwyn - Tarzan (voice)
- Minnie Driver - Jane Porter (voice)
- Glenn Close - Kala (voice)
- Rosie O'Donnell - Terk (voice)
- Brian Blessed - John Clayton (voice)
- Lance Henriksen - Kerchak (voice)
- Wayne Knight - Tantor (voice)
- Nigel Hawthorne - Archimedes Q. Porter (voice)
- Alex D. Linz - Young Tarzan (voice)