Are ned kelly's comments prior to execution relevant to suicide? --188.8.131.52 12:10, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
What does this word mean? 184.108.40.206 08:53, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
Mark Mirabello quotesEdit
I have again removed the repeatedly reposted (, , , , , , , ) quotes by a person found not sufficiently notable in votes for deletion here, and two times at Wikipedia. Please do not insert these quotes again without providing convincing evidence of their notability. ~ Ningauble 14:26, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
His pages were systematically attacked by a troll, and anarchopedia protected them. Here, they were vandalized. Ningauble, just because you have never heard of this writer, please do not assume he is non-notable.
By the way, I note the vote her on his notability, which consisted of a three to one vote (!!!!), is scarcely significant.
Plesae help strengthen wiki quote by refraining from deletions.
--220.127.116.11 01:40, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Our voting here is small because we are a small community; that does not make our voting "scarcely significant." I agree with Ningauble's actions and have deleted the quotes. - InvisibleSun 02:07, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
From which of Senecas works is this quote? I searched it for quite a while, but found nothing, so I think it would be important to give a reference!
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Suicide.
- Let them think what they liked, but I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank – but that's not the same thing.
- Death is my final civil liberty, and I do not choose to surrender it to the state, a church or a physician.
- There is only one prospect worse than being chained to an intolerable existence: the nightmare of a botched attempt to end it.
- Arthur Koestler
- Let us ask this of him: what is there that is so bitter, if sleep and peace be the end of life, to make one fade away in never-ending grief?
- Some people want to eke out every second of life – no matter how grim – and that is their right. But others do not. And that should be their right.
- Betty Rollin
Life must go on.
I forget just why.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- He who does not accept and respect those who want to reject life does not truly accept and respect life itself.
- Thomas Szasz
- It's not a thing to do while one is not in one's best mind. Never kill yourself while you are suicidal.
- Edwin Shneidman
- Life is like a Movie.If You've sat through half of it and its sucked every second so far,It probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame You for walking out early
- Doug Stanhope, American Comedian