The "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" quote seems to be of unknown origin. See "Talking about music..." for more info Alikins 17:06, 29 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Agreed. Though I originally heard the quote attributed to him by Laurie Anderson when she hosted the PBS show POV in the 80s, I've since heard it attributed to Frank Zappa and Charles Mingus. 220.127.116.11 15:32, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Steve Martin.
- First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
- I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot.
- I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
- I'm not into that one-night thing. I think a person should get to know someone and even be in love with them before you use them and degrade them
- There is one thing I would break up over, and that is if she caught me with another woman. I won't stand for that.
- Well, excuuuuuse me!!!!
- What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke.
- Grandpaaa bought a rubber.
- Oh, pointy, pointy, what is the pointy?
Last modified on 26 May 2009, at 13:30