Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Shunryu Suzuki.
- Hell is not punishment. It's training.
- To accept some idea of truth without experiencing it is like a painting of a cake on paper which you cannot eat.
- Our tendency is to be interested in something that is growing in the garden, not in the bare soil itself. But if you want to have a good harvest, the most important thing is to make the soil rich and cultivate it well.
- So the secret is just to say 'Yes!' and jump off from here. Then there is no problem. It means to be yourself, always yourself, without sticking to an old self.
- Take care of things, and they will take care of you.
- My life has been one long series of mistakes.
- Life and death are the same thing. When we realize this fact, we have no fear of death anymore, nor actual difficulty in our life.
- As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
- The way that helps will not be the same; it changes according to the situation.
- Sometimes, just to be alive is enough.
Last modified on 12 May 2009, at 18:57