Return to "Saadi" page.
Last modified on 18 April 2014, at 12:01
- A little and a little, collected together, becomes a great deal; the heap in the barn consists of single grains, and drop and drop make the inundation.
- Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.
- He who is a slave to his stomach seldom worships God.
- I fear God and next to God I mostly fear them that fear Him not.
- The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.
- To give pleasure to a single heart by a single kind act is better than a thousand head-bowings in prayer.
- The rose and the thorn, and sorrow and gladness are linked together.
- When the belly is empty, the body becomes spirit; and when it is full, the spirit becomes body.
- Whenever you argue with another wiser than yourself in order that others may admire your wisdom, they will discover your ignorance.
- Every leaf of the tree becomes a page of the sacred scripture once the soul has learnt to read.