"You make Your own history." - Anonymous
Why are some quotes in bold lettering?
This shows the writers intention to make the readers see them and think for a second.
- No, it shows that some editor has made the decision to highlight a particular quote at the expense of others. Ed Fitzgerald 09:21, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
commented out partEdit
"QUOTES POSTED HERE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH QUOTATIONS -- NEED TO BE RELOCATED"
- Ask anything to the right person, and you will get the correct answer.
- Labels are the little boxes that SOCIETY forces us into, so that IT can make sense of this thing we call life.
- Play your life like a game of chess... With strategy and forethought.
- Tamryn Hunter, February 2007
- History belongs to those who dare to write it.
- Steven Wang, 2005
Retrieved by Aphaia 19:11, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Quotations.
- Books of quotations are an elemental model of how culture is perpetuated, the wisdom of the trite passed on to posterity, to be added to, edited, and modified by subsequent generations.
- A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience.
- You could compile the worst book in the world entirely out of selected quotations from the greatest writers in the world.
- I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.
- One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
- Stronger than an army is a quotation whose time has come.
- Wisdom is meaningless until your own experience has given it meaning ... and there is wisdom in the selection of wisdom.
- And yes the reason I love quotes— it gets us back to the way life used to be and should be ... and we must be reminded as life is becoming very stressful, very busy, families are no longer what they used to be and I love to be reminded to slow down and smell the roses. Think about where you are going and what you are doing. They truly give life perspective.
- Quotations help us remember the simple yet profound truths that give life perspective and meaning. When it comes to life's most important lessons, we can all use gentle reminders.
- Stop quoting me!
- What's the use of a good quotation if you can't change it?
- Quotation is the highest compliment you can pay to an author.
- Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
- A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.
- Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted.
- A witty quotation only makes the obvious less so, but it can also make the painfully obvious less painfully so.
- If a man throws peaches at another man...he wants to fight!
- Hush, little bright line, don't you cry,
You'll be a clieché by and by.
- To be occasionally quoted is the only fame I hope for.
- The wise make proverbs and fools repeat them.
- Issac D'Israeli (1766-1848)
- Nobody quotes me, so why should I quote someone else?
- No comment, but don't quote me.
- One good quote is worth a book.
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
- Quoting is the thinking of fools.
- Quoting is useless if you know Islam.