Just a StartEdit
I just set this page up. It is not representative at this moment, the quotes right now are not typical, but interesting. Please add more!
Hi editors, just a quick reminder that WikiQuotes requires that quotes be from individuals who are notable and have acquired some level of fame. It is for this reason I removed a quote and link from Linda Pearce (who?. --Keithbob 02:38, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Since most quotes are unsourced I have removed the distinction created between sourced and unsourced quotes and will attempt to source the quotes in the next while. Thanks.(Littleolive oil 17:17, 1 May 2009 (UTC))
- Much, much better. I found the other format very confusing and disturbing, nice work! --Kbob 21:15, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Removed all Unsourced CopyEdit
WikiQuote's policy is that "any material that is challenged and has no source may be removed by any editor." with this is mind I am proposing to remove all unsourced quotations which have been sitting on the page for sometime. I have today removed that copy and pasted it below. If anyone can find sources, these quotes can be put back in the article. Please keep in mind that writing, the date and location, when the quote was alleged to have been made is not a valid sourcing option. The quote must be from a verifiable source not someone's personal records etc. Thanks for everyone's help with this. --Kbob 17:32, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Life is Bliss.
- Man is born to enjoy.
- Expansion of happiness is the purpose of creation.
- EVERY DAY IS LIFE. It is not that we pass on the present for some glorious future. We are working out Unity, but it should not be thought that we begin living life when in Unity. Every day is life. Don't keep on planning. All the days would be lost. Live simpler form of awareness. Don't entertain conflicts. That in itself is the mechanism of success of the future. Life must be lived in its fullness every day, every hour. Complications don't lead us anywhere. Too complicated is not the direction of life in the Age of Enlightenment. Nature is the most efficient organizer. The technique of accomplishment is desire, coming back to the Self and becoming unbounded.
- Quoted from: Course transcript, January 1979
- We should be very natural and easy about life. We are not to be anxious about activity or meditation. Everything is tested by how quickly our desires get fulfilled - by our achievements. Never should we be anxious. When the time comes, even the chirping of a bird could be the stimulus for enlightenment - even the smoke of a rotten bus. It's the next stage of awakening. There is nothing spectacular about it. Don't think about where we are. Don't think that New York is horrible. One can get to the sap while remaining on the hard point of the thorn. We can get to anywhere. The atmosphere we don't mind. It's a very wrong emphasis that the atmosphere is bad and therefore we get drained. It's the karma of our practise. Once we don't make a fuss about our environment, then nature will take care of us. It will put us in the right environment. Be easy and natural. Don't analyze and Being will take over. When we start to complicate things, Being gets lost. It is not that we are inert, but nature takes over.
- Quoted from: Course transcript, Vittel, France, 1976 (?)
- Carry the home of all the laws of nature in your awareness and the world will move with your moods. Establish the field of all possibilities in consciousness and guide the destiny of time — govern the world at your will.
- Quoted from: Inauguration of the World Government of the Age of Enlightenment, Seelisberg, Switzerland, (1976-01-12) --Kbob 17:34, 18 May 2009 (UTC)