This was added to the article by 184.108.40.206 (talk · contributions), though it belongs here:
- Tag above this calls Bunuel a Mexican director. While he became a Mexican citizen he was Spanish by birth.
—LrdChaos 22:44, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- Mystery is the key element in any work of art.
- Science does not interest me. It ignores dreams, randomness, laughter, feeling and contradiction; the things that are precious to me.
- Fashion is like being part of a herd; it's more interesting to do whatever you want.
- I'm dying.
- His last words
- Love without sin is like an egg without salt.
- Everyone is free to find in my films anything he likes or whatever is useful to him.
- I observed things that moved me and I wanted to transpose those things on to the screen—-but to do so with love I have for the instinctive and the irrational that can reveal itself in anything and everything. I've always been drawn toward the strange and the unknown.
- I loathe films that make the poor romantic and sweet
- Communism is one of the greatest things known to man.
- Spanish Republic is a great state of freedom, justice and triumph of socialism.