Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Imelda Marcos.
- Continuous persecution of widows and orphans is a crime. Even the Bible says there is a specific place in hell for those who oppress widows.
- Doesn't the fight for survival also justify swindle and theft? In self defence, anything goes.
- Filipinos want beauty. I have to look beautiful so that the poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums.
- God is love. I have loved. Therefore, I will go to heaven.
- I am First Lady by accident. I was not elected by the people but here I am.
- I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.
- I get so tired listening to one million dollars here, one million dollars there, it's so petty.
- I hate ugliness. You know I'm allergic to ugliness.
- I have a different way of thinking. I think synergistically. I'm not linear in thinking, I'm not very logical.
- I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.
- I was no Marie Antoinette. I was not born to nobility, but I had a human right to nobility.
- If you know how much you've got, you probably haven't got much.
- If you know how rich you are, you are not rich. But me, I am not aware of the extent of my wealth. That's how rich we are.
- It's the rich you can terrorize. The poor have nothing to lose.
- Life is not a matter of place, things or comfort; rather, it concerns the basic human rights of family, country, justice and human dignity.
- My dreams have become puny with the reality my life has become.
- My husband does not like me to give interviews because I say too much. No talk, no trouble.
- Never dress down for the poor. They won't respect you for it. They want their First Lady to look like a million dollars.
- People say I'm extravagant because I want to be surrounded by beauty. But tell me, who wants to be surrounded by garbage?
- The problems with First Ladies is that you have to set the standard. My role is to be both star and slave.
- They call me corrupt, frivolous. I am not at all privileged. Maybe the only privileged thing is my face. And corrupt? God! I would not look like this if I am corrupt. Some ugliness would settle down on my system.
- We practically own everything in the Philippines.
- When they see me holding fish, they can see that I am comfortable with kings as well as with paupers.
- Win or lose, we go shopping after the election.
- If you're a little presentable, you're called frivolous. Beauty is frivolity it seems, but beauty is love. You can never have an excess of what is democratic, just and beautiful. You can't say a woman is overly beautiful but you can say someone is overly ugly. It is against religiosity to be surrounded by ugliness.
Last modified on 20 December 2010, at 13:47