I have a strong interest in the importance of the imagination. One of the problems it seems to me is that some people extol its virtue and others condemn it! A distinction I make in this debate is the difference between fantasy and imagination. My proposed difference is that Fantasy is the covering of reality, where as imagination is the proposals of possibilities regards the future which have yet to be tested. I would be interested in any academic links to this discussion and comments regards my distinction. :) --18.104.22.168 23:21, 23 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- "The only boundaries to our imaginations are the ones we imagine ourselves." -Jan Kaim, 2004
The third quote down is attributed to someone called "LKB". I did not recognize these initials, so I looked it up online. From what I can tell, the quote is really by a Dr. Timothy Findley, and the full quote goes, "I believe imagination is our greatest asset, as human beings, and I believe it is our best, perhaps our only weapon against despair. I believe imagination is our best, our ultimate means of survival, all of us together -- each of us apart." I'll go ahead and replace it, but if anyone knows better than I, feel free to revert the page. Sammi 00:54, 8 May 2006 (UTC)
- I believe imagination is our greatest asset, as human beings, and I believe it is our best, perhaps our only weapon against despair. I believe imagination is our best, our ultimate means of survival, all of us together — each of us apart.
- Timothy Findley
- Imagination is your key to unlock the hidden wonders of our world.
- Dreamfinder, original Journey Into Imagination ride at Epcot
- It is not that the child lives in a world of imagination, but that the child within us survives and starts into life only at rare moments of recollection, which makes us believe, and it is not true, that, as children, we were imaginative?
- Mon incompréhension est ma plus grande qualité car elle laisse une place a l'imagination.
- Carréric Benjamin (Jabamin) 27/06/2006
- Nothing is impossible - not if you can imagine it!
- Hubert Farnsworth, Futurama
- You cannot imagine infinity but your imagination is infinite.
- Michael Grasso, 1990
- "I love my imagination. She allows me to survive."
- Caroline De Vil